We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

Im thinking of going to CRF. Whats the best time of year to go and what are the best villas to request?. Would you recommend it?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

Paul, as you may or may not know the Island is a new development, it is very close to an evergrowing garbage recycling Island, it has a lot of new modern buildings and far fewer established large plants and trees , than most Maldivian Islands, It also has a small section of reef , that has mixed reviews depending on your underwater expectations, These are called facts relating to said Island.!

You now need to factor in your budget, overwater versus underwater requirements, concerns relating to unknown potential pollution, close proximity of other tourists, and the very personal requirement re. shiny plastic as opposed to Palm thatch/sand/vista needs.

A simple formula , to come up with your very own , totally reliable recommendation, thus avoiding any misleading opinions you may accidentally stumble upon.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

....ps I personally will not be booking anytime soon , unless I cannot get into Paradise Island

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

I was thinking of CRF for it's outstanding beauty but decided on Mogadishu instead.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,286 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

I am unclear why listing the qualities of a new island , namely modern design, limited foliage. proximity to others islands, and apparently a very average reef, and suggesting the poster weighs up their own preferences and priorities, was deemed zappable , I was trying to be helpful, amazing !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,955 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Centara Ras Fushi - Advice needed

It's a short speed boat ride from Male; relatively cheap water villas and most have single beds but they can be pushed together. There is an industrial island with some factories 3km in the distance but none of the bungalows face that way. Fish-feeding every day at the bar with the blue rods going into the pool.