We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol/pork ban

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol/pork ban

Some politicians still want the ban to go through, should make the future of the Maldives rather interesting!

minivannews.com/society/tourism-will-suffer-…

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

It will never happen. The government relies too heavily on the money from the resorts and tourism, and of course some of the resort owners even have strong links to the government.

It's simply the normal trouble making politics in the maldives.

Level Contributor
1,608 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

Didn't realise holidaymakers would be bothered about no pork : )

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

Hi Patch

Of course the bacon and sausages for breakfast for a start. Can't stand this beef bacon and chicken sausages nonsense

Regards

Doug

Belfast
Level Contributor
745 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

Beef bacon & chicken sausages are rotten but I can do without real ones for 2 weeks. And although a Pina Colada slides down really well watching the sunset, I rarely drink at home too, so an alcohol ban wouldn't bother me- though I know it would my OH. Didn't they try to close all the resort spas down a little while ago too? They had to back down on that ban as would have cost too much in revenue & banning alcohol would cost even more.

Fiji
Level Contributor
499 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

Hi all,

This will not happen in our lifetimes. It is just politicians trying to get a few more votes in the coming election.

Sunny regards,

Jason

Kurumba

6. Re: Alcohol/pork ban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 05:16