We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Filitheyo Help

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Filitheyo Help

Hi there!!

So finally I made my mind up towards which resort to go for.... uffff has been a tough choice.

The winner is Filitheyo, me and my wife we will spending 4n in mid may.

So now I need help choosing package HB FB AI.

I thought we could save some money choosing HB... strong breakfast then just a light lunch and use HB as dinner. a couple of cocktails at night and a couple of beers during day plus water etc..

Any advice also towards which Villa to choose?

thank you for all your help

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Filitheyo Help

Hi

What are you looking at semi detached detached or water villa.If you are going to eat lunch on hb you might as well go AI. Fili is a great choice

Regards

Doug

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Filitheyo Help

I am not interested in a Water Villa. Superior Villa or delux Villa.... Read superior villa has better snorkling and beach but delux is more private.

plus i think that for may superior villas are facing north wich it could be better taking into account southwest winds....

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Filitheyo Help

Rooms above num 115 (as far as I remember) do not have sea access. We were put into 124, but moved to 70 after a few days and we liked that location as it was right near a snorkel exit. We were in the cheapest room type which was semi-detached, but we never heard our neighbours.

AI - does not include bottled water on Filitheyo or cocktails, so that may sway your decision. The drinks are not silly prices like on some islands. If you do go AI you will get things like beer, wine and water by the glass and softdrinks.

Hope that helps

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Filitheyo Help

Hi

You need top worry about water on Fili the tap water is fine to drink. The semi detached start at about 40 from memory which is next to the sunset bar and are best up to about 75 all have good beach plus some natural shade and there are three access points to the reef..If you have a hearty breakfast lunch its unnecessary to have lunch take a supply of cheese biscuit type snacks with you they are very light and will get you through to dinner and save a lot of money. There is also a happy hour bar operating in the late afternoon

Regards

#Doug

Edited: 28 April 2013, 14:15
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Filitheyo Help

Hi two of us just returned about 4 days ago from filitheyo. We went HB. To upgrade to all inc was £700pp. We had lunch every day and plenty of drinks. Total fodd and drink bill was about £450 for both of us. All inc def not worth the extra. As for rooms, we were in 88 and had lovely beach in front of us. I think as long as you get below 100 you will be ok.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
938 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Filitheyo Help

We went HB and enjoyed a light casual lunch at the sunset bar every day with a variety of dishes like salads, satay, sandwich, burger for around US $10 plus drinks.

The happy hour was 3-5pm and all alcoholic drinks half price. As others have said AI doesn't include bottled water or cocktails. We didn't drink the tap water but did have the Filitheyo filtered bottled water which they serve in pop top caps.

Villa wise we had a semi and as the island was quiet were close to the pool which was great. Deluxe have sun shades on the beach and baths as well.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Filitheyo Help

ahhh Filitheyo, our favorite piece of heaven :) Have you seen the videos we have been "spamming" around TA? :)

we went on AI only once, total waste of money (maybe because we are not big drinkers, only a mojito while sunset and a glass of wine at dinner...and cocktails were not included in the AI, neither water bottles, only by glass) every other time was FB.

and no, if you think you can have a big breakfast and hang in there until lunch, nope, would never work for us. because you snorkel and swim all morning, and by 1pm you are starving to death, especially because you will remember how good the food was the previous night. :D

as for the villa, well, Water villa is the best, not just for the privacy, but better rooms, and your own little terrace and stairs going down to the water, few steps away from a beautiful coral garden full of colorful fish, and not to mention being able to sit under your veranda and look at the turtles and the sharks swim by, and if you are lucky, early morning or late afternoon dolphins swim by ;) AND most important, almost no mozzies compared to the two types of beach villas.

oh wait, you said not interested in water villas... sorry.

so, normal beach villa: very nice, but walls are too thin, you can hear your neighbors IF they are german or Italian (for some reason some of us Italians like to speak VERY loud -_-) and you get LOTS of mozzies, so make sure you use your mozzie spray. You step outside and go right to the beach, or just few more steps and get to the house reef which is amazing.

while the Deluxe, yes, almost all of them are detached, so you get more privacy, and you get a jacuzzi in your room, except for that, everything else is the same as the normal beach villa. of course you get the illusion of having your own private beach, which is nice. but yes, you have to go around or swim around to the house reef.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 01:59
Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Filitheyo Help

Thanks for long reply and feed back :-) water villas are not of interest to me cause it is out of my budget plus I prefer to be on the beach... But yes I agree they seem to be best villas in resort...and thin walled attached villas really puts me off I know how loud Italians and Spanish can be ;-) so... Basically is a matter of luck that u don't get a loud neighbor and that you are not place in on of this villas with no beach 100 and above.... So to many luck factors....

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,046 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Filitheyo Help

yes, Maldives is mostly about luck, if you are unlucky and weather is not good, water villas are NOT gonna be pleasant at all. there was one night when the sea was rough and loud and Caterina was freaking out all night. luckily it happened only once.

Pick a beach villa below 100, they are the best :)

South West
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Filitheyo Help

For a superior beach villa I think 42 - 46 would be perfect. We stated in 45 and it was fantastic.