We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

Bristol, England...
8 posts
Save Topic
sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

Hi guys,

would really appreciate some help on choice of resort!

me and my partner are going to maldives on 1st november for 14 nights.. now we have booked it all and have choose the sheraton full moon resort (made a slight rush decision as we felt a bit pushed by the travel agent!) i always like to read on tripadvisor and now after some research cant help to think ive made the wrong choice!

we have booked with hayes and jarvis and they have said we can change our resort and time of stay so heres why i would appreciate some advice!

i like a good selection of restuarants and bars and we would like posiblly a bit of "nightlife/entertainment" but i would also like a luxury room/villa with a nice beach to relax on! im quite fussy about service and cleanliness. im not really to fussed about watersports but wouldnt mind some nice coral for snorkeling!

we have payed £4500 for the sheraton and im starting to think i need to change it to a different resort?

i dont mind going for a shorter stay and more expensive hotel if its worth it but would really like some help if anybody can help.

thank you

Mike

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

Hello Michael

I would beg you to change your choice of island - you will be hard pushed to feel the real Maldives at Sheraton (international jets overhead and nil sweeping beaches of soft sand) - we only ever recommend it for very short stops (2 or 3 nights) - other than that there are much better islands available for a similar budget.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Edited: 29 April 2013, 21:42
Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

i concur with richard .. you can do much better for the money. have a look at kuramathi perhaps

Bristol, England...
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

thank you, you have just confirmed what i thought

here are my choices on hayes & jarvis website if this helps to narrow it down

Bandos Island Resort & Spa

Reethi Beach Island Resort

Biyadhoo Island Resort

Hudhuranfushi Island Resort

Meedhupparu Island Resort

Meeru Island Resort & Spa

Chaaya Reef Ellaidhoo

Kuredu Island Resort & Spa

Olhuveli Beach & Spa

Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu

Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa

Komandoo Island Resort & Spa

those are the choices in our budget so any reccomendations would be great

thanks again

Mike

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

I am assuming you are stuck with Hayes & Jarvis now so kuramathi won't be bookable, its exclusive to kuoni.

The multiple restaurants criteria is the difficult one, most islands are not big enough to warrant this. Perhaps try pricing a water villa at reethi beach and read a few reviews to see how it feels with your criteria. Otherwise, see what is in budget for maybe 10 nights and give us a list?

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

Cross posted.

The board basis' will vary greatly so you need to consider that. Komandoo is adults only which could be a bonus? I've been to reethi twice only returning last week and find it a reasonably priced good all rounder with great restaurants, accommodation is not luxury though.

Coco palm looks lovely but food and drink looks pricey so factor that in when comparing.

For me, it would be between these three.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,039 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

komandoo without a doubt the best in that group

7. Re: sheraton full moon resort, right decision???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2014, 05:16