We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reethi beach all inclusive

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
reethi beach all inclusive

Hi,

We are looking at Reethi Beach for nxt Jan. Tour Op has various options for food and we usually go AI. I see from reading some of the reviews that there is something called Reethi Select which you seem to organise with the island direct. I have emailed the island and also sent a message to a couple of reviewers but thought I might get an answer quicker through here.

Just want to know what it includes and what the costs are - I appreciate costs may change by then but just an idea will help me to choose between that and what my tour operator is asking for.

I swore a couple of years ago that as prices seemed to have rocketed we wouldn't go to the Maldives again but here we are - can't resist!!

Lesley

middx
Level Contributor
318 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

Read through the recent Reethi blog, loads of info on it. We did the ordinary AI loved the buffet food, but when we were there bacardi, amaretto and other spirits were on the normal AI. When I read the blog I think I read that these two were not on the normal AI now, which is annoying! One of the appealing things about Reethi was all the included stuff!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

The main advantage of Reethi Select to us was the fact you can dine in any of the restaurants, including having breakfast at the Moodhu instead of at the buffet. Also mini bar restocked daily with items of your choice, much wider range of drinks - including some bottles of wine at $59+ if you were to buy it...

In 3 trips to Reethi we've sampled AI, B&B and now Select AI. If I was to return for a 4th time it would be on Select AI without question.

We found that price increases in the restaurants, plus the increases in gst seemed to make B&B a less attractive option. Especially when drinking with Bonters.....

:)

Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

And the cost was?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

So scary Ian is off for a stiff drink before he types it,l:))

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

$138 pppn from B&B

$104 pppn from HB

$79 pppn from FB

$40 pppn from AI

All including service charge & GST. Minimum of 7 nights upgrade required and you cannot downgrade ie go Select for the first 7 nights & AI for the second week....

Children 2 -12 is minus 50%

Edited: 30 April 2013, 18:24
Newmarket, United...
Level Contributor
263 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

We are only going for a week anyway. H & J want an extra £1100 on top of the B&B price so Reethi Select sounds better. I loathe going AI and finding that you can only go to the buffet for all your meals especially lunch. As I understand it on the Select option you can eat and drink anywhere with more or less anything you want including wine - which I must admit we like a bottle with our evening meal. I know it will be dependant on the exchange rate but it still sounds a good deal.

Do you wait until you get there and then organise it with reception when you book in or tell them in advance?

Thanks for the info - will look up the blog you mentioned later.

Lesley

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

Just go to reception when you're there. Not sure you can book it in advance...

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

We did the first week on AI and the second week on select, it was amazing and if like us you like fine food and quality wine, select is the way to go.

I think after doing select at Reethi I would struggle to go back to the Maldives on AI!

The quality of food and wine is as important to me as snorkling!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

It can not be booked in advance, only when you get to Reethi.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,564 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: reethi beach all inclusive

We'd recommend B&B or AI Select. The buffet wasn't very impressive the first night we tried it, and we've only been back for breakfasts.