We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused .....

Firozpur, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Confused .....

Guys I am Getting married this time of year (end of may)

Still Confused about where to go to a honeymoon ( a bit too late)

Two final choices Europe tour or Maldives(as it is the best beach destination )

EACH HAS ITS PROS AND Cons

My question is just that would it be a better choice to opt for Maldives this time of the year( taking weather into consideration) .or vice versa.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused .....

The 2 trips you describe are very different!

Maldives is perfect beach destination for relaxation, Europe tour sounds like full on sight seeing?

From other posts it appears the monsoon season change has started so weather might be changeable, depending on possible trip length. I've been in June and we had a few days of rain and sunshine.

Europe is a big place, you'd need to narrow down your location choice but May generally nice weather, not too hot or busy with tourists (unless you pick school holidays).

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused .....

its too early in the year for europe unless you stay way south . late may is ok for greece, malta , etc .. but don't expect to be swimming in the med unless you are much more hardy than i am .

so ..obviously, you can tell by the forum title that we like the maldives ... what are the cons?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused .....

It's two very different holidays, one is a beach vacation, the other I assume effectively a city tour, which one you personally prefer no one can say unless they know you and your likes and dislikes.

Personally, and it's up to you, I would speak to my fiancée and see what we both would like. Strangers on the Internet should not be the decision makers on where to go on honeymoon.

If you chose Maldives, then I am sure people can help you in regard to which resort.

Shanghai Region...
Level Contributor
44 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused .....

Not Maldives!

The islands are nice, not people.

and way expensive there, you can do more things in other countries.

Even shopping, nothing to buy in maldives. all fake.

Hawaii and Guam are better too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused .....

Personally, I have always found the local maldivians I have met to be very nice people. However it's hardly relevant, as if staying at a resort hotel, interaction is limited to the staff working there.

I agree it's not a shopping destination though, obviously,

To be clear, branding a whole country of people "as not nice " is not acceptable.

Firozpur, India
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused .....

thanks all of you guys for the replies.

seems like my fiancee is not ok with europe (now she's talkin)

As I had narrowed down a ten day tour to Paris/Swiss& italy.( too much travel she says)is out of picture now.

She one lazy girl and I m bit overactive.

But Seriously guys I really want trip to be special for both of us. So" beaches it is"..(women are always right)

Guys i ve becom big fan of Maldives ( after seeing honey moon pics of my brother- Vila Mendhoo island)

Two concern i have would be 1) weather ( do not like like it to be humid and wet ) and

2)fun activities other than relaxing on beaches .Any night clubs ???(

Any adventure sport Like sky diving available there....

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused .....

No sweetie,,,no sky diving or night clubs/))

Activities tend to be water based,,,snorkelling, diving, sailing, jet skis, that sort of thing,

However honestly,,you won't be bored, no one ever is.,l

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,398 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused .....

actually , W has a nightclub

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Confused .....

Well, yes, a few of them have " night clubs" . However much depends on your definition,,,,,

Belfast
Level Contributor
767 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Confused .....

Just to throw a spanner in the works- have you thought of going to Thailand? Beaches, shops, nightclubs, lovely food & loads of activities.