We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

London
Level Contributor
887 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

Does anyone know? TA!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

I've reported the review. Interesting that the author has several reviews to their name!

SL

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,443 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

I can't seem to open his contributions

I would even give him credit that he might have been a guest of management and got a sneak preview but he is gushing about the restaurant , etc . sorry but its clearly bogus

Edited: 04 November 2013, 19:54
London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

Good to know that I am not the only one that feel that particular review is off and thanks for reporting it too.

Now I guess it's back to square one on the hotel hunting, a pity since the maalifushibycomo opening offers are so tempting..

Having said that would still love feedback (real) from anyone who will be staying here in these nxt couple of months.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
407 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

bump

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

Open now:

maldives.net.mv/10680/…

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,564 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

Mentions surfing...

theaustralian.com.au/travel/hotel-of-the-wee…

Atherton, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

I just return from 4 days in Malifusih as part of my honeymoon. This is a spectacular resort and by far the best snorkeling I have ever done. The coral reefs are pristine and full of color and fish. We went on an excursion to a reef in the middle of the coral atoll and I could not believe how colorful and full of life. The water is clear and the perfect temperature. The reef is covered with colorful coral all fully alive- this is in stark contrast to when I did diving in a couple high end resorts in Costa Rica and Caribbean (Anguilla) when much of the reef is dying. I could spend hours just looking at the color coral with fantastic and fanciful shape. The entire reef was teeming with fish but the staff marine biologist took us to where the current was flowing and I was surrounded but literally hundreds of fish. I also enjoyed swimming with the sea turtle that allowed us to float right next to it including surfacing nearby to take a breath. I would (and have) recommended this to my friends without reservations.

barcelona
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

Thank you for reporting. But were you able to snorkel from the island itself, at your leisure as on most Maldivian islands , ie was there a good house reef right there you could swim to from the beach or a jetty , or did you have to always go on excursions to more distant reefs?

Atherton, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

They do a a pretty nice house reef that is at the end of a pier on the island. The reef is marked off by buoys to indicate where the channel where the boats come through and where the reef drops off. The coral and ocean life is quite good in the reef (especially where the reef drops down into deeper water) but the water clarity is more variable. There is coral and fish even at the water villas, and it was nice to be able to step down from your villa and snorkel (the water is shallow but there are clusters of coral and fish). The area between the water villas is shallow but can be a good snorkeling for kids.

barcelona
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Maalifushi's Reef, any good?

https://vimeo.com/86225320