We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another trip to Paradise

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,460 posts
Save Topic
Another trip to Paradise

Hello

Sorry I have not been around on the forum much recently - things are very busy preparing for my next trip commencing Thursday 09th May.

My first island is Meedhupparu - and I plan to have a good look at the 'wall' to check how things currently stand (or fall down !?)

Interestingly I am also due to spend some nights on Irufushi - fingers crossed the new management team still want me there !

Best wishes

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Another trip to Paradise

Richard,

Dozens upon dozens of people were very unwell less than two weeks ago. All very unpleasant and no doctor on the island to help until a couple of days after the initial outbreak hence medicine comment. Food suspected cause according to hospital doctor.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Another trip to Paradise

To be fair, I am not disputing what you say, but only one other person is commenting on this and that person has commented in their review also, not one other person, has mentioned it in their review or o. here, and that is very unusual. It's not something people normally forget to mention in their reviews.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Another trip to Paradise

To be fair your comments wreak of dubiety which given that you didn't experience this first hand is suprising. There are only 4 reviews within the time span of when this incident occurred with one actually mentioning the evnt itself. I've yet to post my review for reasons already expressed and can only suggest that perhaps either others are dong the same, have better things to do with their time or perhaps the reviews are being vetted? Who knows, the truth is out there as they say!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Another trip to Paradise

Ok, I get you are defensive about it. Hopefully more than just you and the other poster will comment and review on this issue, the reason I comment is because you are both talking about a major event, with dozens upon dozens of people being hospitalised, as such, I am sure they will all be along soon.

UK
Level Contributor
245 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Another trip to Paradise

Richard any updates from the sunny side of life?

Fuvahmulah
Level Contributor
194 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Another trip to Paradise

See you in Reethi ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Another trip to Paradise

I'm still curious about the meed food poisoning issue. I just had a look, went back 4 pages, counted 17 different reviews for April/ may in all languages, and still just that one person who commented on here reviewed about it. So still two people.

If it was so major, and dozens upon dozens impacted and being hospitalised, how come no one is refering to it? It's not that big an island. Even if one was not personally impacted one would be aware of what was going on.

London, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Another trip to Paradise

Froggy as already confirmed you were not there and as a result you're counting and stat input is unfortunately inaccurate. The stats that I provided are however accurate as the calculations were based on when the reviewer actually stayed on the island (was it during the correct timespan/month/year) and not when the post was actually posted (which in some cases was before the actual event). Always dangerous trying to do stats without all the facts, this being said you may want to rethink your post.

I do however agree that based on first hand discussions and guest reaction that it is very strange that there are not more recent reviews referring to this. Yes I have seen the latest one by the way. Are negative/controversial reviews suppressed on request?. I'd most certainly hate to think that this was the case.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,471 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Another trip to Paradise

To be fair to Bagtims, not every single person that visits the Maldives leaves a review, IMO it's the minority not the majority that do review. Also, just because a review was posted in April/May doesn't mean that person stayed there at that particular time, they could have stayed there months ago.

Bagtims, I hope you get some resolution and are on the road to recovery.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Another trip to Paradise

My stats are right, you can count the reviews yourself, sorry, really, but you can.

I agree people don't always review, and I actually don't dispute that baglims had an issue. I am simply curious as to why such a major outbreak no one is really commenting on it. That honestly is unusual.