We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Hi,

Planning out my honeymoon for oct2013 and we have sort of narrowed it down to Lily Beach Resort.

I have checked various reviews and posts and was wondering about the following:

- We have decided to stay 5Nts..3nts in the BV and 2 in the DWV..is that enough?

- I have read that some restaurants are not included in the Platinum AI that Lily has..is that true?

- Also read, that cocktails are not part of the AI..but on their website under the Platinum Plan it says that they are included..hence im confused.

- With regard to the BV..which is the best one? We want something secluded but at the same time with a good amount of beach..also which is a good WV? with a good view of the Reef?

Any help will be appreciated.

B!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Anyone?

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,993 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Hi

Not been to Lilly but stayed on its next door neighbour vilamendhoo ,they are in the south Ari Atoll which is a bonus .

The duration of your stay depends on your budget ans circumstance but I would say the longer the better ;-)

It's usual for some of the larger islands to have themed or al a cate restaurants which are not included in the AI .

I would say some of the less extravagant cocktails will be on the AI with the all singing all dancing cocktails at extra cost .

I would believe what the web site says regarding what is and what isn't included in your AI package.

Sorry for being so vague but I have not been to Lilly ;-) if nothing else my post will bump your thread back to the top of the page for someone who has been to give you some accurate information ;-)

Good luck

Darryl

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

We were at Lily Beach in November. All the cocktails are included in the AI plan, in fact the only thing that isn't is lobster and champagne which have a supplement, cigarettes are also included. Guests are entitled to eat in the Tamarind Restaurant once per visit not sure if you have to stay 7 nights but I would email the resort and ask. Sorry can't say which BV is secluded...don't think any of them are, remember when you stay in a beach villa anyone is entitled to walk past unless you stay in a very exclusive resort like Naladhu where you have your own private beach.

We absolutely loved Lily Beach, one of our best holidays, we had our wedding blessing there. The cocktails are amazing, only top brand spirits are used and they come in proper cocktails glasses (plastic when by the pool). Pascal (manager) and his staff are first class. Shamefully I haven't written my review yet.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Hello

I second JacDer's view on the All Inclusive inclusions - drinks seem to cover all aspects (lots of cocktails, and even some sparkling whites - but not Champagne).

Only a few islands match Lily for All Inclusive quality (my fave Constance Moofushi would be one example) only Park Hyatt seems to exceed this standard.

Have a great trip.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,324 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

Hello

I second JacDer's view on the All Inclusive inclusions - drinks seem to cover all aspects (lots of cocktails, and even some sparkling whites - but not Champagne).

Only a few islands match Lily for All Inclusive quality (my fave Constance Moofushi would be one example) only Park Hyatt seems to exceed this standard.

Have a great trip.

Richard from PurelyMaldives

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

If you have the option of staying longer, do so. The first and last days are travel days, and I suspect you will wish you were staying longer, as it really only means 4 full days in the resort.

7. Re: Help with a few Questions on Lily Beach Resort.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:16