We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from US

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flights from US

Hi all - I've been reading the recent posts about Athuruga and am so excited, as that is our chosen destination for our first trip to the Maldives! Sounds like we picked the perfect place for us!

My question is mainly directed at other US travelers: We will be traveling there early March 2014 for 10 day stay. As we're in the NY area, I'm looking at flights from JFK via Dubai on Emirates, as the best route. The prices are averaging a bit above $2K each. As the flight schedules for our selected travel period were recently released, are these on the high end? I know that nobody can predict airline prices, but is this the time to purchase before they go higher, or do costs generally fluctuate (down, hopefully) post-summer?

Thanks for any advice.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,112 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from US

the emirates flight out of jfk via dubai has traditionally been the fastests as well as cheapest from yoyr area. prices don't move much either way .. i'd book it at the time you book your island

New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from US

Thanks for you input.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
280 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights from US

Emirates via JFK is the best way. We have flown it twice in the past 2 years and it is most certainly the cheapest and most convenient. If you have a few extra days I would recommend doing a stopover in Dubai for 2-3 nights then taking the early flight from Dubai to Male.

4. Re: Flights from US

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2014, 05:16