We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to after Mirihi?

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Where to after Mirihi?

We have just come back from Mirihi and OMG!!! It was THE PERFECT LITTLE ISLAND, it had everything we wanted and apart from the amazing snorkelling and the ridiculously sumptuous food, the service is hard to beat!

Now I'm that unfortunate soul who got sick just before arriving in Maldives and I spent the first 2 out of 5 nights with a fever in bed, and didn't get to stomach the food which I am still quite upset about!

We loved Mirihi for the small size, the lack of entertainment, and of course the snorkelling and the food.

The question now comes: we are planning for our next trip to Maldives and even though would love to return to Mirihi, we thought we'd try out another island, where should we go for what we are after, especially after the high standard of Mirihi? (under $700 USD per night please!) We are thinking of off-peak season, don't mind the rain :)

Thanks in advance!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,921 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

Hi

You have set the bar high by going to Mirihi ;-)

Take a look at Athuruga and Angaga they should float your boat ;-)

Darryl

Edited: 13 May 2013, 11:39
Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

Athuruga would tick all your boxes. Small island, great food, amazing snorkelling. Angaga is also great, but lower standard for rooms and food.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
55 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

@Darryl: It's hard not to set the bar high when I had so many Maldives experts to consult on the forum before deciding on Mirihi :D

Edited: 13 May 2013, 11:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

I would also recommend Park Hyatt Hadahaa and Robinson Club. Both are incredibly lush and naturally beautiful islands with even better house reefs than Mirihi. Together with Mirihi, these resorts make up my top 3 favorite islands in the Maldives (out of 25+ islands visited).

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

i am one click away from booking Hyatt if i can get the go ahead from the OH (yes i know !!!!! - someone please have a word in her shell like). But only if the practically free AI upgrade is still on for later this year. Best not mention the extra internal flight to her though - will defo keep that bit quiet and play ignorant.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

We went to Mirihi last two years and chose Baros this summer (not yet been but expect to love it). This will be our 6th Maldives trip. No seaplane which might be handy if you're only going to stay for short time.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,878 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

"for the small size, the lack of entertainment, and of course the snorkelling and the food."

the same reason why we go to Filitheyo.

same reason why we been trying hard to go to Mirihi for the past two years :D

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,715 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

i have tried many but not yet found one to beat mirihi . athuruga is my second fav to date but its a pretty far distant second

suffolk
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

On Mirihi as we speak ,did Athuruga last year and for me its a very close call at the moment . Very similar feel . Athuruga very slightly bigger but was only around 60% full last may so felt smaller than mirihi does .

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to after Mirihi?

Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru might be worth a look:). Absolutely love it, have been 5 times!