We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives holiday

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Maldives holiday

Hi ! My partner and I are looking at going to the Maldives in February for my Birthday. We have a budget of approx 3k for a week . There are so many islands i am becoming confused as to whati should b looking for. Can anybody give me any advice as where I should stay/ hotel recommendations etc. I know we have a fairly small budget but I have got quotes within this , just wanted more info . Thanks in advance!!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,625 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Maldives holiday

SunLOver57 we also flew in April to the Maldives via Istanbul.

We flew from Heathrow, going and return journey, there was only a couple of hours to wait at Istanbul.

If we had gone from Gatwick though one of the journeys there was a much longer stop at Istanbul.

Think there are flights most days from Gatwick and Heathrow so you need to check times out!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Maldives holiday

Hi SL

We stayed a couple of nights in Istanbul on the way out as we usually do in Dubai so can't help you on that one only short layover on the way home though but as Diana says you have to pick your flights the same as any other airline

Regards

Doug

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Maldives holiday

Tbunnyjoyce.....what other islands are you considering?

February is peak season and the third week is half term so avoid that. You could get so much more choice for your limited budget if you delayed until May (low season).

Make sure you look at more than one agent.

Hudhu under its old name was our first island many years ago.

John

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Maldives holiday

John , the reason I'm looking at February is its my 30 th birthday ...I am considering putting it off until march / April but probably not much past that , I am also wary of the weather changes ... ( a friend of mine went 2 years ago at end of June and complained about the rain ! ) well of u will go in "rainy" season !

It looks like I have found some decent flights from Glasgow via Dubai with emirates which is great ( and now throwing in the option of a day or two in Dubai which has given me something else to consider !!! ) . The hotels that keep coming up are

Adaraan club rannalhi

Adaraan select huduranfushi

Kuredu island resort

Equator village

Bandos village

We have a number of travel agency's we have used in the past all of whom are sending me quotes daily just now ... It's all getting a bit confusing !

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Maldives holiday

Richard from Purely Maldives had just visited Ranahli last week and gives quite a good thumbs up in his current trip to paradise thread

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Maldives holiday

Ahh , that is fab to know .... As that's the one we are leaning more towards ... They are also offering a water bungalow for an upgrade fee that isn't wildly out of our price range.... Hmmm lots to think about !

Do you happen to have a link ? I will try and find it :)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Maldives holiday

bumped to the top

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Maldives holiday

Found it :) thanks !

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,380 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Maldives holiday

Just to make you aware, Equator Village is a further domestic flight south to Gan (not a seaplane).

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Maldives holiday

Thanks , I haven't looked at this one as yet but thAts good info to have