We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Male airport

Dhaka
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Male airport

Hi,

How much time would take to get the on arrival visa? My flight is suppose to land at 08:10 and my ferry to Maafushi will leave at 10:00. Can I make it with than 1 hr 50 min?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Maafushi Island
Maafushi Island
South Male Atoll
London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Male airport

yes.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Male airport

Most likely yes, but the queues at immigration are a disaster sometimes when more than one plane arrives. I've stood in line for over an hour on occasions. Average time is around 20 to 35-minutes unless you're able to get off the plane first and there was no flight arriving before yours.

Dhaka
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Male airport

Is there any way to take the visa beforehand?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Male airport

Sometimes the airline have the appropriate visa cards on board and hand then out during the flight.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Male airport

Hi

No but your airline should hand out the visa cards for you to complete on the flight but not all do. This saves time on arrival make sure you have a pen and your passport handy on the plane as this is all you need to fill out

the form

Regards

Doug

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Male airport

If you aren't handed an immigration card on the flight, make sure you head to the benches in the immigration hall, where you will find piles of them (on both the right and the left as you enter), then stand in the queue and fill it out as you move forward. Don't, whatever you do, arrive at the immigration desk without having filled out the card as this will almost guarantee that you won't make your ferry!

SL

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
254 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Male airport

Emirates didn't hand out the visas on their flights last Crimbo

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,344 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Male airport

http://stingraybeachinn.com/location/

This link tells you about how to get from the airport island across to Male capital, which is where the Maafushi ferry leaves from (it says it leaves at 3pm, but no ferry on Fridays).

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Maafushi Island
Maafushi Island
South Male Atoll
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Male airport

Hi

Emirates handed visa cards out prior to landing this Feb ,Thompson also hand them out ( no charge )

Darryl

Dhaka
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Male airport

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply. I also need to know how much do they charge for the visa fee?

Thanks again.