We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

I wish to be in Maldives for my Honeymoon and I am trying to decide which of the two resorts I should chose?

I am getting a deal of $3500 at Anantara Veli but that only has breakfast and $4400 at Maafushivaru with full board. Now, Anantara Veli states that half board will cost $75pp and full board $135pp. So if I take full board at Anantara Veli, it ends up being pricier than Maafushivaru.

There is an option of la carte at Anantara Veli, but I guess since the full board is $135pp, la carte would be even costlier? Any idea about la carte prices in Anantara Veli?

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Other than budget, what is important,

Reef? Medium

Beaches? High

Quality of rooms? High

Food options? i m getting half board in Komandoo

Excursions/water activities? Medium but would prefer

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Also food options would be vegetarian, with eggs and prawns or shrimps.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Seems Komandoo is out since it needs minimum 6 nights stay. So now I have finally got Anantara Veli WV with B&B and Velassaru WV with B&B. The honeymoon package of Velassaru is much better.

I have heard that the garbage island is viewable from Velassaru but it is pretty far away to cause any problems in your stay.

what are your inputs on Velassaru?

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
34. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

FroggyEngland/others- when you talk about "New island, very, very densely populated in comparison to others, very small rooms, very poor reef, more on a par with a all inclusive deal in Mexico"- is that Maafusivara.

I am debating Maafusivara v Annatara Veli v Baros v Diamonds Athuruga

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

FroggyEngland/others- when you talk about "New island, very, very densely populated in comparison to others, very small rooms, very poor reef, more on a par with a all inclusive deal in Mexico"- is that Maafusivara.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

england
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Maafushivaru is in S Ari Atoll and the world away from rubbish island. I have been. It is a beautiful island with a lovely reef. The rooms are enormous and well equipped. I thought the food was poor though. Good all inclusive. It also has the attraction of Lonubu, its little sister island. You can go across there morning and afternoon and again a lovely reef.

I have not been to Baros.

I am a repeat visitor to Athuruga. I love it but other regular posters on here - Paul for example seem to think it is over rated. Fantastic reef. Rooms not as good as at Maaf unless you are in a WV. Food better than Maaf by far. Great all inclusive. I prefer Ath to Maaf.

england
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

PS - unless it has to be all inclusive, I would seriously consider Robinson Club. Great, great food. Slightly larger island. Excellent reef. Enormous rooms.

But, another little suggestion - if you are travelling before December this year, consider Park Hyatt Hadahaa which currently has an all inclusive offer that has to be seen to be believed.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,466 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Flaxeed - the new island referred to is Centara Ras Fushi.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
40. Re: Anantara Veli or Maafushivaru

Thanks a mil for this. We are thinking WV. I have been told that the flights leave 9am to Male and you can't choose a later leaving time (although you can express a preference). Seems a bit odd to pay so much and not be able to stay during the day. Was that your experience at maaf and diamonds?

The maaf rooms look more 4* - do you agree?

What about Coco Palms Bodu Hithi?

Thanks

Ps we are going in feb.