We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral frame at four seasons trip

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Coral frame at four seasons trip

Hi, this is really for jody and Ian and any others that have done this!! We are going to reethi in 8 weeks and have got the prices to do the trip to the four seasons to create a coral frame which we would love to do as it may be our last trip for a while and it would be a great way to celebrate my 39+1 birthday. It is expensive, would you say the trip was worth the money or is there anything you would've done differently?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

From our point of view it was an amazing trip, and worth every dollar. The staff, especially Yoann, were fantastic.

Wouldn't have done anything differently, it was a perfect trip. If you get the chance of a guided tour of the island I'd take it just to see how the other half lives :)

Definitely recommend doing it if you get the chance....

The coral frame prices are on the marine savers website, the only other expense was lunch and the dhoni hire from Reethi.

marinesavers.com/reefscapers-coral-propagati…

Edited: 08 June 2013, 17:57
Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Reethi charged us by the hour for the Dhoni and obviously it worked out more reasonable because Ian and I split the boat cost. We had lunch at Cafe Laanda, which wasn't cheap but wasn't horrific either.

We did go for a little snorkel around the front of the Marine Discovery Centre which you could drop if you wanted to minimise the boat cost.

As Ian said, Yoanne was amazing, a real gentleman and he gave us so much time on that day it was like having our own private guide. Even the manager came and said hello. You might even spot a celeb or two - we did ;-)

Edited: 08 June 2013, 18:15
New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Ian and jody, thanks for your thoughts. Definitely want to do this now!!! One last question, do we need to book this before we go?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

I'd recommend speaking to Nic. She helped Jody set it up and accompanied us on our trip, so she knows all about it as well. I'd imagine the more notice you give, the easier it will be to arrange something in time.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

And be flexible! We had to change our trip last minute as they couldn't spare the dhoni but FSLG were fine about changing the date of visit.

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Thank you!!!! Another email to nic!!

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Ours is LG1714, I keep looking at the website waiting for a new picture but its a bit early lol

Liverpool
Level Contributor
5,300 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Ours is one after Jody's - I think!

If you have a snorkel there say hello to it for us :)

I want to go back!!

London
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Ours are KH0327 and LG0729. Curiously, they were both planted the same week, but KH is doing much better than LG. It's hard to believe that the mini-forest of coral was a few shards are few years ago.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral frame at four seasons trip

Will be checking yours out next time I'm on the site!