We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming home. What have you missed?

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Coming home. What have you missed?

It's great to get away but what do you miss most food wise after your Maldives holiday.

We both agree, a proper cup of tea with semi skimmed milk and a bacon sandwich.

In fact, coming back from Turkey last month, we had to stop at a garage to get bacon and real white bread!!!!

John

Edited: 16 June 2013, 20:06
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

I miss desserts - don't usually have them at home, pancakes for breakfast, Mas Huni if its served and the smell in the air of a mix of warm pepper, vanilla/jasmine and suntan lotion!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

Mash potatoes for breakfast ;)

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

You have mashed potatoes for breakfast ? At home or abroad? Wow...puts my coffee and ciggie to shame:-))

Level Contributor
593 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

You can't beat mashed potatoes!!

I also LOVE that first sleep in our own bed after a long haul flight. It doesn't matter if it's after a holiday to the Maldives or the States etc I just love that first deep sleep in our own bed. I normally make the bed with fresh bed linen just before we head to the airport so I come home to a nice fresh bed.

Food wise what I miss from the Maldives is waffles with maple syrup for breakfast and my husband misses a particular hot curry that he likes when there because he loves hot food (bought him Da Bomb in Selfridges if anyone wants incredibly hot sauce - a drop is enough be warned!).

Always difficult wearing shoes again.

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

Daves Beyond Insanity sauce. Ask for chilli sauce for your omelette in the Maldives and you get mildly spiced tomato sauce, tasteless.

John

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

Froggy

That was a flip side lol

I miss it when I get home ,l have been known to have a spoon of curry on my mash too ;)

47. Re: Coming home. What have you missed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:16