We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current weather

Lichfield
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Current weather

Off to chaaya reef elliadhoo on sunday, how is the weather looking there at the moment?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Current weather

Just returned, it was the worst weather I've experienced in Maldives. Very cool, water is cold, windy and lot of rains, however, it might be a better tomorrow.......

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Current weather

What a pity, but may-june at usually the worst months, so it may happen... Let's hope it improves...

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Current weather

Been on Mirihi almost a week now. Beautiful weather, hot to very hot, sky is usually white to blue, no rain clouds, a nice breeze, water is warm.

The only rain we've had has been either in the night or once whilst we were getting ready for dinner for half an hour or so.

The only down side is that the sea has been a bit rough near our WV, but there is a more sheltered side to the island.

Toronto
Level Contributor
103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Current weather

I was there a week ago and had the worst weather on day of arrival and departure. Sea plane was delayed both times due to poor weather. The first was the worst as we already took off and had to make an emergency landing at another resort. Once we got to our island we had good weather but only a few clear, sunny days. Most were overcast but still ok. We were lucky and none of the excursions were cancelled but the week before the sea was too rough and they cancelled a few. If I were to go again I would go for at least 10 days to factor in some rain/windy days.

Lichfield
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Current weather

frequent T, do you mean literally the sea and air temperatures were cool, or is this just relative to other maldivian experiences? were you staying at Ellaidhoo?

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Current weather

MrRin,

Average sea temperature is circa 28C with average air temperature probably somewhere around the same. Whether it rains or not is another question but I can guarantee you both sea and air will be warmer than Lichfield!

Cheers

Rob

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
575 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Current weather

Hi Mr. Rin,

I hope I did not scare you, I should stated much clear in my last post, I was not staying at Ellaidhoo.

My stay was in Baa atoll, it was very windy and wavy during my stay, I felt it was the coolest among the trips I've been to, I do not have the exact temperature of the water, but I seldom feel cold after coming up from the water in the previous trips, but this time was chilling for me, it might because there was not much sunshine.

Anyway, I wish you have a nice weather during your stay.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Current weather

i remember last Oct watching this huge storm cloud approach Athuruga where we were happily sunbathing on the beach. Before it hit, the temp dropped a degree or so then the rain fell and it was quite cool. So i went snorkelling where the water was far warmer than the rain and the air temp.. Only lasted the length of the snorkel - about an hour but was a total whiteout before the blue skies re-appeared as if by magic.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Current weather

The reed parasols on Ellaidhoo keep out the rain quite well - I sat out in the rain last October when everyone else disappeared inside and it was so peaceful - Prem the manager came round and kept me company for a while and then I went snorkelling with the reef to myself - still much warmer and more humid than here. Looking out to Maagaa and Halaveli both islands were bathed in sunshine so just luck of the draw!

I would chill and stop worrying about the weather - you aren't able to influence it and you are surely not considering cancelling because of it! You don't need to pack umbrellas as these are provided in the rooms and bare feet are the order of the day so unpack your wellies and boots! Expect a mixture of weather and you won't be disappointed and most of all - Have a good holiday!!!

Denmark
Level Contributor
6 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Current weather

I've been at the Kurumba all of this week. It has been sunny for the most part, although very cloudy and windy. Rough seas. During the day it has rained a few times but it usually stops after a few mins. Late last night we had heavy rain on and off. Right now it's very overcast but it's been fine otherwise for most of the day.

In summary: warm, but cloudy most of the time. Very little rain during daylight hours.

Edited: 22 June 2013, 13:46