We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide...

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help me decide...

Can you super Advisors give me some help on deciding where to stay?

We are flying from Bham, 7 nights, September, All Incl (as I drink tonnes of water and am worried about the cost of this). We are looking for a beach bungalow and some activities. We are not massive snorkelling enthusiasts but would like the option.

We are thinking from the following:

- Kuredu

- Villamendhoo

- Meedhupparu

- Embudu

Can you give me pros & cons for the above please to help us decide....

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Help me decide...

Yes H&J quoted £4500 for 1 week all inclu for reethi.

Yes I know there are buses & trains but they are a pain so please don't patronise me.

Would we be better off organising flights & hotels separately?? Is it cheaper?

Thomson deals are cracking but don't allow us to tag on to Sri Lanka as flights only once per week - not 10 days

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Help me decide...

That's a ridiculous price. We had two weeks at Reethi in a deluxe villa in April/May on B&B, and the total cost (incl. flights & transfers) after the bill for food, drinks, and some gifts from the shop was about £4.8k.

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Help me decide...

We got 2 weeks, Reethi, this Easter AI, with transfers and it was £4,900, not bad for the Easter Hols I thought!

We booked with Travelbag about 6 months before we went.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 17:14
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Help me decide...

Just contacted my TA and he has some great deals for Reethi

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Help me decide...

H and J seems very steep considering Kuoni have 1 week AI from Birmingham for £3298, £4742 for 2 weeks!

Some people do book direct but last time we priced it it came out more expensive than a package. Generally we've found is cheaper to go for 2 weeks rather than one because flights eat up such a large chunk of the costs for one week, the second week is cost effective. But thats not what you are wanting.

Have you tried getting qoutes from other agents for your combined tour - Travel lab, Travel Bag etc rather than just the online/high street agents?

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Help me decide...

Agree with heather, normally package are cheaper. Issue is as she says, going for one week rather than ten days or two weeks, where the overall cost per night reduces as the flight and transfers is a big part of it.

Email all the good agents ie travel bag, tropical sky, travel lab and ask what they can give you on budget. You might be surprised. They should beat any on line prices. However as you are also restricting your airports , it does also make it tougher.

I would genuinely look at kuredu. The Maldives is a very exclusive destination, with less than 1 m visitors a year, compare that with early 23 million a year to Mexico or 56 million a year to spain. and you get what I mean. The reviews are very good and you can watch on the webcam. Don't be put off by the comments, unless you really know snorkelling, then it's not going to be a big deal, and for many it's not a priority.

Edited: 20 June 2013, 17:51
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,302 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
47. Re: Help me decide...

been to all except embudho, would second Kuredu, certainly had the most beach space , we loved the beach bungalows. location space etc... nicer than WV ( we had a free upgrade next time around- Iam one of those who would never pay for a WV don't much like them or the price)

only prob' is now a bit segregated I think. but still a huge island lots.of beach , turtles everyday in the sea grass , loads of rocky outcrops to snorkel if its a new thing/low priority. we loved it

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,623 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Help me decide...

We went to Kuredu for our first holiday, big island but hardly saw anyone on the beach.

OK snorkling may not be up to the other island standards, but we did see a lot of fish and we saw turtles almost everyday.

If you decide to go there make sure you have beach villa accommodation.

Garden and Beach Bungalows restricts where you can eat and drink and that can spoil the holiday!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
187 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Help me decide...

Thank you everyone.

Would a Bonthi beach bungalow be nice at kuredu?

ps - i don't have a gardener ;-)

Bedford
Level Contributor
4,144 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Help me decide...

But are your tresses well tended?