We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

Well, we've finally booked it - our first holiday in the Maldives, and I'm beyond excited!

We'll be staying in a lagoon villa at Lily and saw a comment about how the odd numbered lagoon villas have a larger deck with separate seating area. Can anyone else confirm if this is true - if the odd numbers are indeed better than the evens?

Also, I understand all lagoon villas are on the east side - sunrise facing? We're also spending a week at Maaf, so if this is the case I think we'd make a request for our Maaf room to be sunset facing so we get to experience both sides of the coin so to speak!

Thanks for any advice!

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

This is the map of Lily Beach: mondomaldive.it/Mappe_resort/Lily-Beach.html

Lagoon villas are semidetached and as far as I now, all the decks are the same size, and I am not very sure, but I think that each "villa", as it's compounded by two semidetached villas, has a even and an uneven number...

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

Yes the odd numbers do have a larger decking area. We were in 203 and both sides to us had smaller decks. I think room 201,203,204 and 205 looked the better positions. Yes the lagoon villas are sunrise facing.

You will have a geat time

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
189 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

Yes the odd numbers do have a larger decking area. We were in 203 and both sides to us had smaller decks. I think room 201,203,204 and 205 looked the better positions. Yes the lagoon villas are sunrise facing.

You will have a geat time

Leeds
Level Contributor
512 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

I believe it was me that said the decks are larger on odd numbered lagoon villas, we stayed in lagoon villa 201, the deck was substantially larger than the adjoining room, and it appeared to be replicated along all the row, that all odd numbers had the additional seating area.

I can certainly recommend room 201 which is the first room, it has excellent access to the beaches and ocean.

It has been said that the higher numbered lagoon villas have an issue with noise from the staff accomodation and some generators, we didn't stay in those but you can hear the buzzing of a generator as you walk past, not sure it would be that bad inside.

The lagoon villas do get the sunrise and keep the sun until about 3 or 4pm when the roof then shaded the area.

Edited: 21 June 2013, 09:44
London, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

Thank you so much for the information - we've made a request for the recommended rooms so fingers crossed!

Thanks again!

6. Re: Lily Beach lagoon villas - advice for first timer please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2014, 05:18