We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooners Starting the Search

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymooners Starting the Search

First let me thank all the people on this forum- the information I am finding on here is incredibly helpful. We are looking for some possible resorts that might fit us, so here goes--

Budget: $800-1100/night USD for 2 people, no children

Preferred board basis: All inclusive

Travel Dates: Jan 6-13, 2014 (one week)

-Need good snorkeling from the beach

-We are not divers, so no real need for good diving

Type of transfer: Seaplane or Speedboat, although we are wondering how expensive the seaplane transfer would be

-Water villa, hopefully with an opening in the middle of the room where you can see below

-We are active people, so maybe an island with active nightlife, pool, restaurant choices?

-We are on our honeymoon, so hopefully a resort with few children, although I know that is a tall order when the fiancee is requesting a pool

Thank you so much for any help on getting us started-

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

LOL LOL, yeah everyone snorkels under their neighbours villa looking up through the glass floor instead of looking down at the fishes. Personally, I tend to look downwards when snorkelling and tend to head over to the reef and drop off but each to their own.

Maybe the looking up thing is call V****rism ?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

The WV with glass viewing panel debate has been done before if you care to put do a search above. Perhaps one of the most salient points raised has been that the glass panel is a gimmick and only really an asset if the WV is situated over the reef - over a sandy lagoon it is perhaps a wasted feature. Bruce listed the islands in one thread but I can't find it so have used his very useful search engine on his site:-

Ayada Sunset Ocean Suite

Beach House at Iruveli WV

FSLG Sunrise WV

Irufushi WV

Gilli Lankanfushi Villa Suite

Lily Beach Deluxe WV

Meedhupparu Prestie WV

Six Sense Laamu Ocean WV

Velidhu Water Bungalow

W Retreat and Spa Ocean Haven

W Retreat Seascape Escape

Of those only FSLG, Lily Beach and Meedhupparu offer AI and I will leave you to check the budget.

If you want to have a look Bruce's Maldives Complete site is here - just click on finder then room type

maldivescomplete.com/maldivesv/main.aspx

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

i was looking at some pics on TA the other day and one resort has a glass viewing panel in front of the loo. Must make sure MissF isnt on that island if we go

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,665 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

It's Kihavah

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

I'd draw the line at snorkelling under the loo. What if someone flushed it?

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,513 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

Just hope you're not breathing in at the moment they flush :-)

17. Re: Honeymooners Starting the Search

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:16