We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

at home
Level Contributor
67 posts
470 reviews
Save Topic
Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

We are looking at 5 nights/4 days in the Maldives this October. A family of 4 with kids age 11 & 14, we would like to get there & just spend time on the island. We want the over the water bungalow experience (which in many places seems we need two of them!) & definitely a good house reef. If it included breakfast & another meal, that would be nice, but not necessary. Don't really want to go much over 10k unless it's really worth it...and of course if it's substantially less, that's a plus! (but doesn't seem very doable in the Maldives!) I have read & looked up locations suggested here for couples for house reefs & over the water..wondering if anyone knows of a good one for families...

Priority is the overwater bungalow & house reef. : )

My thanks in advance for the help!

at home
Level Contributor
67 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

Yes!! Strange isn't it? You would think a family water villa was for any family, but they told me we couldn't stay in it because one of our kids was over age 12...so that made us with 3 adults & 1 kid that couldn't sleep in it! Seems very strange since they look like they have a king bedroom & a bedroom with bunk beds...perfect for my two kids, even though one of them is 14! So, they have no family water villas that they allow kids over age 12 in...we were offered a beach villa, though.....but we want the water villa...

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

That is very strange. The age restriction in a water villa is usually a minimum age for safety reasons.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

It think the issue is the capacity of the villa: they must be supposed for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 kids, so 3 adults+1 kid is not adequate...

I would give a try to Vilu Reef, the water villas looks very nice, somthe presidential one must be amazing. there's a reef and being beginner snorkelers, it will be more tan enough, and the island seems very nice... And being much more cheap than thudufushi (maybe here ou need 2 villas instead of one)...

Edited: 01 July 2013, 17:14
Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

I have just sen it on the website: http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/centaragrand/cirm/room.asp?name=Deluxe+Family+Water+Villa

2 adults+2 kids or 3 adults...

15. Re: Over the water bungalow & good home reef for family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 05:17