We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robinson club

england
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Robinson club

Sat at Male waiting for the internal flight. Flight from Manchester to Doha quite busy but Doha to Male half empty. I managed to get a row of seats to myself despite the best attempts of the stewardess to seat a relative of one of the flight crew on my row. I resisted all approaches to me and therefore managed to get about 3 hours sleep on that flight. The new terminal at Doha is quite easy to navigate and you are just steps away from the gate for the Male flight when you enter the terminal.

The lounge at the domestic terminal at Male is quite nice with a good complimentary buffer and free wifi for 4 hours.

So far have realised that I have left hairbrush and ecig chargers at home. Other than that all going swimmingly but there's lots of time left for that to change.

Weather is 28degrees and really quite sunny.

Further reports to come.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Robinson club

OnOn

I am not trying to be funny, but the Garden rooms that are on the sea front (around 5 or 6 of them which have sea views, but no beach) these are right next to the conference centre which is next to the restaurant, probably a 50 m walk max. The sports centre is directly behind them. I am sure you are walking the wrong way around the island?

See 8,17 and 9 on your map. 5 right next door donates beach front garden rooms.

The restaurant does have more than one entrance. With the sea to your back and heading towards the WC's is your way home.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Robinson club

In fact I will go further by saying that they are actually the closest rooms to the restaurant. And much closer than the WV's. Which jetty starts at point 4 on your map.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
73. Re: Robinson club

Paul provided a map. see post 41.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
74. Re: Robinson club

T23, I think you're wasting your breath ... no use to someone who no little sense of direction ;)

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Robinson club

I agree with Karla.....look at post 47......48 hours ago she was shedded.

Seems she hasn't recovered yet.

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Robinson club

Well thats not very nice john. I'm sure you did not mean it the way it reads. I have very limited spatial awareness, it impacts women more than men, and is not simply alchohol related. Sober or shedded, I can't read a map. Lol.

Onon sounds like she is having a great time, good for her. Very jealous and can't wait to jet out there myself.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 19:45
suffolk
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Robinson club

No froggy, I don't read it as you do and perhaps I missed out an exclamation mark or two. Apologies if anyone has read it the wrong way. I meant that OnOn is obviously having such a good time that she doesn't know where she is.

John

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Robinson club

Lol. Yes, lucky her.

ANd yes, the written word can easily be misconstrued:-))

Bedford
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
79. Re: Robinson club

Froggy, normally I am a Froggy fan, but certainly disagree with your generalising that poor special awareness impacts more on women than men.. The men on my family are useless. I, courtesy of long gone O level geography, map reading being an important part, plus girl guide map reader badge, can find my around anywhere. Sober or not. Wish the same applied to MrF who can't even understand his satnav. OnOn clearly of the same ilk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
80. Re: Robinson club

Hey miss fitts, you could be right, I thought statistically it does impact women more than men, Watched a documentary once on it, it's something to do with the brain. However found these links, where it basically says it's cultural and experience led and can be balanced,

thenakedscientists.com/HTML/news/news/2360/

…wikipedia.org/wiki/Spatial_visualization_ab…