We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Robinson club

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Robinson club

Sat at Male waiting for the internal flight. Flight from Manchester to Doha quite busy but Doha to Male half empty. I managed to get a row of seats to myself despite the best attempts of the stewardess to seat a relative of one of the flight crew on my row. I resisted all approaches to me and therefore managed to get about 3 hours sleep on that flight. The new terminal at Doha is quite easy to navigate and you are just steps away from the gate for the Male flight when you enter the terminal.

The lounge at the domestic terminal at Male is quite nice with a good complimentary buffer and free wifi for 4 hours.

So far have realised that I have left hairbrush and ecig chargers at home. Other than that all going swimmingly but there's lots of time left for that to change.

Weather is 28degrees and really quite sunny.

Further reports to come.

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
81. Re: Robinson club

Alcohol or not I am having great difficulty finding my way home- lost again tonight. T23 - you may be right but I encountered those rooms on one of my many perambulations around the whole island looking for home. Or was it the bar? Who can remember? I can read a map. But what I cannot do is remember the way home. Brian my ex partner was fantastic for that and so I never needed to develop the skill. And if you have got to my age without that skill, why bother learning it now especially as there may be a buggy coming along at any minute to cadge a lift from. Tonight no buggy in sight. I suddenly realised that I was walking back past the point I had left from about 5 minutes ago. its no one's fault but my own. I am pants at finding the way home.

Good meal tonight. Just as I was getting to grips with the food situation its gala dinner - 5 course sit down meal. V nice - but lunch was fantastic. Rain overnight and during the day but sea like a millpond. Big snorkel. Very few people seen today. At one point in sea - bitten in the leg by I know not what. I looked around for a trigger fish but no sign of one. So a great mystery that will never be solved.

Big moth comes to live in the bathroom at night. I turn the lights off in there but he is not deterred. He just sits and waits for me to go back in when of course the lights come back on. I live in fear of him swooping into the room itself and then I would have to try to usher him out before going to sleep. Now I have been shown the masters-switch that T23 mentioned for the fan but it has all gone horribly wrong because now the bedside lights and the fan appear to be connected. I have no idea how I have managed that. You couldn't make it up could you?

Back to the snorkel - the reef continues to impress me. It is immense and full of life. But, does anyone else think that red fish hide under coral more than fish of other colours? I have seen three different red fish that I have wanted to photograph and each has been under coral and impossible to get a decent photograph of. Meanwhile, other fish in virtually every other colour under the sun and wending their way about happily and posing for snaps willy nilly. No sharks or turtle today.

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Robinson club

froggy - no it was not a lesson. I think that they had all been issued with the equipment and decided to use it. Just not how it was intended to be used.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Robinson club

Very strange,,,probably one couple did it and everyone else joined in!!

Ps, you know you will be able to find your way home perfectly on the last night:-))

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
984 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Robinson club

OnOn,

When we went to RC the first time there was a lot of germans taking bread from the restaurant at breakfast and feeding it to the fish's! hence every time we went in for a snorkel they swam straight up to us and had a little nibble, as soon as we entered the channel they were there!!! and on the second trip to RC same again, so either being fed or over friendly lol.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Robinson club

I have been nibbled by a wrasse for the same reason I believe, as I was snorkelling but pretty much stationary at the reef entrance Chunnel at Ihuru where you cold easily stand. My OH was attacked by the tiniest of small very dak reef fish for being too close to their territory on Komandoo (the sea wall) - he kept wondering whether anyone was touching his legs (we were chatting, he was standing on sandy lagoon), so I had a look through my mask. Very funny, but we moved further away of course ;)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,188 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Robinson club

Oh, I don't like moths ... Once we ended up sleeping in a different room as we failed to get rid of it (very high ceilings). Glad you're lucky with the weather for snorkelling!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,370 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
87. Re: Robinson club

OnOn

You obviously need a personal guide. I can provide my bank details.

xx

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,631 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Robinson club

OnOn.....go for a snorkel at sunset......most of the red fish don't like the sunlight so start to show themselves as the sun goes down.

John

england
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Robinson club

Dolphins on house reef today.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Level Contributor
1,475 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Robinson club

Fantastic! Did you see them from a distance or were you in the water at the time? We were unlucky at Athuruga last year - a large pod went past very close to the drop-off about 15 minutes after we'd got out of the water.