We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10/11 night holidays

Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Topic
10/11 night holidays

I'm trying to find on-line travel agents that do 10/11 night holidays to the maldives. I would prefer to be able to do everything on-line if possible - not having to phone around. I want scheduled flights and vakru is my preferred island (though i know we ave left it very late)H&J site is brining nothing up ( not one island) for 10/11 night for august 2006, do people know of ny other sites to try. Thanks

Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 10/11 night holidays

forgot to say from manchester if possible

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10/11 night holidays

cosmos do 10/11 nights

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10/11 night holidays

Have you tried the Kuoni website.

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 10/11 night holidays

You will be better of phoning , H&J offered us 12 nights over the phone but not on the web .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,541 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10/11 night holidays

Do it direct!! Flights with Emirates, and email the Island direct and book your stay, simple!!

Sussex, UK
Level Contributor
272 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10/11 night holidays

I tried the same to Vakaru with H&J, the online system can only cope with 7 or 14nts because of the charter timetables. They will only do odd nights if you use phone or agency, where they will get you there on First Choice but use different carriers for your return flights. Although lots recommend the scheduled carriers, the flights in my opinion are less convenient, sometimes middle of the night stops which add to an already lengthy trip. On your way back all you want is to get home quickly. Don't like the idea of leaving island too early cos seaplanes don't fly after dusk and if your flight is middle of the night etc hanging about in Male is not fun. Although there are complaints about Monarch (justifiably) and First Choice, the flights are the quickest and if you live near Gatwick, they are the most convenient. Timings for arrival and departure are really reasonable.

East Sussex
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10/11 night holidays

I'm also for doing everything on the internet and having searched for some considerable time thought I found the best deal on the Hayes and Jarvis site for a family of four plus baby. Out of interest I then went into my local Thomas Cook branch before to see if they could do any better and they certainly did. They found an almost identical holiday (to Lily Beach) a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than H&J and, more interestingly, well over a £1000 cheaper than the Tradewinds website. Needless to say I booked with Thomas Cook. So I suggest you look for availability online (including Tradewinds) and then see if you can get a cheaper deal in the High Street!!

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 10/11 night holidays

You guys seem to be concentrating on the more traditional tour operators, most of the online operators feature any duration you want really, including 10 and 11 nights... instead of looking at Hayes and Jarvis/ Cosmos etc try some of the other newer dynamic travel websites. I'd recommend dreamticket.com; their website is really user-friendly and they have scheduled flights to Maldives with several airlines. I like them anyway... Good luck!

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10/11 night holidays

If you want to stick to the more traditional travel agents/scheduled airlines, any high street travel agents should be able to fix you with any duration you want with scheduled airlines. I have had 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17 nights! These were with Tradewinds and Airtours but any high street travel agents should be able to give you 10/11 nights. Shop around, you'd be surprised how much the prices vary! .................. activegirl

10. Re: 10/11 night holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 20:16