We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thudufushi!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Thudufushi!!!

Ok, so we are here!!!

Qatar flights perfect. 30 mins early to Doha, 45 mins early to male! Sea plane due at 9.30, we were in the air by 9.10!! And I had just bought another coffee and had to leave it!! Very cool female pilot. She was very good and flew right at the edge of the clouds,not through them, which made for some spectacular viewing.

Thud is very pretty. The staff are lovely, our wv was not ready when we arrived, so they gave us a beach bungalow untll 1. 30pm. They are quite basic, but with really fab bathrooms! I had a shower and refreshed myself, it was a long trip!!

The water villa is great, such a huge terrace. Daughter plonked herself on the sunbed, put her iPod on, opened one eye and said "yeah, I like it" high praise indeed!! Seriously!

We are all totally knackered, in 24 hours we have had about 1 hours sleep. Tomorrow we are having breakfast on the deck, so we don't have to leave the room till lunch.

I am sitting on the deck, with a glass of rosé, a tad tiddly, not quite onons "shedded"but getting there, need to go to bed according to hubby!! Going to explore the reef more tomorrow, as right now we know meed beats kuramathi, but from what we can see meed might also beat thud in terms f sea life. That's a scarey thought!!!!

Oh and yep, weather is fab, sooooo hot!! Fingers crossed it lasts!! :-))

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
61. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Froggy - sounds great, glad you are all having a great time with good weather (and no mention of sea grass lol!)

How do you think we would find the WV a la carte options if we usually prefer buffets because I am fussy, often preferring veggie options....and hubby doesn't like "arty-f*rty" small portion gigs (if you get my drift! Lol). Not sure I'd like the idea of paying the extra for a WV and their exclusive restaurant, but then ending up de-camping to the buffet...

I'm researching another option at the minute...which looks potentially good but seems to be no buffet option at all. Grrr.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
62. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Lucky you, Froggy - still there! I'm on the train home from Frankfurt airport :-( Not especially happy to be heading home! Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,722 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
63. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Froggy

You will be fine !!! From what I understand sharks teeth glow up very brightly in torch light lol

Enjoy

Darryl

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
64. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Froggy - have a go at the sunset snorkel - you will see the reef in a whole different light - literally!.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
65. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Paul's post suggests the time is right to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EIz6JmHF0

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
66. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Cakestin,,,have a great trip back,,not looking forward to ours,,sigh.

Beanard, can't get the video to load,,might be the wifi here:-((

Lynphd,do you eat fish? A typical wv menu for a veggie would be salad to start, then either soup or pasta, then a stir frt veggie dish with rice, alternatively you could have a seafood dish or a fish dish,,,,think though the addutional charge is more for the room itself and of course what goes with it, ie brekkie on deck, wine in mini bar etc, but of course it's all part of it, the beach restaurant is great as well.

Did not do sunset snorkelling, totally bottled it, mid afternoon a large moray eel swam n between hubby and I. It was about six foot long, and as wide as my thigh, I absolutely and utterly cacked it. God knows what it was doing out at that time of day. It was trying to get back under some rocks, as I was trying to get out of the water and hubby was trying to photograph it, was pandemonium and slightly embarrassing as ony about 15 feet from beach!!

Last night was Maldivian night under the stars again, fab curries and samosas. Table at the back allowed for some excellent people watching activities,,,from those who visit the buffet about 6 times, to the Japanese couple where they both went to the buffet, he pointed out what he wanted and she carried his plate back. Cultural differences indeed.

Bit worried about hubby, he appears to be pining for the dog, said he was going to watch shawn the sheep on the mac late afternoon and found him surepticiously looking at pics of our dog instead, whilst muttering,,"he's a lovely animal" . Can't decide if the desire to watch shawn the sheep or upload and gaze at pics of the dog, which is worse,,will have to consider it over a cocktail later,,,,

Ps beautiful day again,,,

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
67. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Oh my,,,what news, last day today.

Karoake last night was a hoot, seriously funny, all Chinese and Italian songs and everyone giving it some welly, so funny, right down to the Chinese guy who got down on one knee and proclaimed his love for his partner after she completed singing ( something!!).

Today, whale shark trip. You won't believe me but swear its true. We saw three possibly four whale sharks. The reason for the uncertainty is we might have seen the same one twice.

We also saw,,,,,a pod of a dozen or so wild dolphins and sailed along with them,, two manta rays, and we have no clue why they were in so low, the dive instructor kept sating " why are they here??", a huge sailfish, and a very large turtle. I kid you not. It just did not stop.

I swam with the first whale shark for about twenty mins, but did not get in with the remaining ones. I felt uncomfortable with trying to keep up in the current, and was concerned as so many boats ( the first one we were all by ourselves) and so many people. The boats seemed to corner it, and were going so fast. At one point I put my hand out to stop one coming closer, and to be fair, they stopped when I signalled.

The other less exciting news, is on one of the other boats, which we were about five foot away from, a very sick Chinese man honked violently over the side. As it was just me and the boat crew they politely moved the boat on so I did not have to watch him. Genuinely I have never ever heard anyone make that much noise when they puked:-((

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
68. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Lovely.

John

Level Contributor
592 posts
Save Reply
69. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Great posts, read them all in one go as I haven't looked at the forum recently. Sounds like a great holiday especially the whale shark trip.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
70. Re: Thudufushi!!!

Oh my,,,great last night, nice meal of chicken satay and duck, then over to the beach bar for whale shark video,,( we need a copy ) and live music.

Have hit very lucky for tomorrow, seaplane is at 16.20- and we can stay in room till 15.50. Had some hilarity at bill payment time, as the very lovely alesandra explained to us to be out of the room at 15 50 and checkout at 15. 50 too,,,,I thought she said 15.52 and was amused by the precision required. Wanted to know what happened if we fronted Up at 15.53""""Subsequently got the giggles when she explained,,,,and they all looked at me like I had grown an extra head,,,inc hubby and daughter:-))

Will write a review but really would recommend this resort. Fourth time in the Maldives, and the first one hubby has said, yep, we will come back here. the staff are fab, again we hit lucky,,crown goes to Melissa, seriously, this chick is fab and works tirelessly, closely followed by shaven haired Italian guy in water sports centre, our waiter shareef, claudia, alesandra and willy, great team, great vacation, oh, that and the rather cute manager wandering round :-))