We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help making the final decision..

amsterdam, the...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
help making the final decision..

I have quoted these 3 resorts today and am wondering which one to go for (assuming that all 3 still have availability). It is difficult to make a nice choice for a resort as all have pros and cons but hopefully one of these are good value for money.

- Veliddhu

- Olhuvellli

- Kuredu

Which ones do you reckon is nice (rooms, reef and all-in plan)??

Thanks again for your help!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help making the final decision..

Hi Angie

Just replied to this on your other thread :)

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help making the final decision..

What are your priorities? Reef: Velidhu. Beautiful lagoon: olhuveliI: I suppose you're been quoted the standard room, which is in blocks of 4. If you're not worried about a reef and you don't want a room in a block, go to Kuredu.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,367 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help making the final decision..

of these three only velidhu has any decent snorkeling. olhuveli has no reef at all , kuredus is far out and poor

Edited: 16 July 2013, 21:14
amsterdam, the...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help making the final decision..

Yes I read from the posts that these aren't the best places to snorkel...I was happy that they got good reviews here...but it's a shame about the reefs. Biyadhoo is in the same price range...any better?

Let me go check your post honeybeabeas...

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help making the final decision..

I don't think Biyadhoo would be nice for a honeymoon...

If you want a good reef go to Velidhu, where the reef is great and rooms and resort aren't so BASIC as Biyadhoo...

amsterdam, the...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help making the final decision..

Ok, I went back to the agency with these findings (poor reefs) and got a few other options back:

- Gangehi (tried that one earlier and thought it was already fully booked)

- Kurumba

- komandoo

Dreading now that I waited so long to book makunudu :(

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help making the final decision..

Gangehi - my first choice (S ari atoll, interesting reef/channel formation)

Komandoo a very close second (and adult only)

Kurumba not for me as it is the closest island to the runway (minutes away). You might like a bit of 747 spotting though

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: help making the final decision..

Biyadhoo has a good reef but is at the basic end of the market where accommodation and food are concerned and you would have to be totally comfortable with the standard of rooms on offer- they are in need of refurbishment and in 6 blocks of 18 rooms each - 9 upstairs with balconies, 9 downstairs with small terraces.

Both your new choices have good reefs, Kurumba is close to Male so you may not get that isolated feeling but in balance it does have a good choice of eating options and its proximity to Male will limit the amount of time you spend in transit - particularly if you are staying for only a short period of time.

I think Komandoo would be a very nice choice (its on my wishlist) and has many favourable reviews and repeat guests.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 13:36
Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: help making the final decision..

Isn't Gangehi North Ari?

amsterdam, the...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: help making the final decision..

Yes...gangehi is unfortunately fully booked and plane spotting is not on the agenda so we're getting there:)

My agent suggested Chaaya Ellaidhoo as well as they seem to have the best reef out there. The good news is that both have availability so the 'moment supreme' for booking a resort is approaching fast...I'm excitedddd!!!:)

Between your good reviews for komandoo and this new option. Would you still recommend komandoo? Reef for my partner and nice food and relaxing for me?! :) or isn't there a real difference?!