We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shipping scuba equipment

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
435 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Shipping scuba equipment

hi

Has anyone ever tried to ship their snorkle gear to Reethi Beach or anywhere else in the Maldives? We are coming from the US, but we are spending 7 weeks in Sri Lanka first and we don't really want to drag all of the gear with us on busses and trains...I'm sure checking it at the airport would be a fortune for 7 weeks! We could rent gear at Reethi, but it is $26 USD per day and we are there for 10 days!!! Any suggestions would be great...Does anyone know if they sell gear at Reethi gift shop, and if so how much....??? Thanks again for all of your help

Boston, MA, USA
Level Contributor
435 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Shipping scuba equipment

Hope I don't catch it.......it ts tooooooooo far from US........keep on traveling

Biggin Hill
Level Contributor
579 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Shipping scuba equipment

Jolly have you ever been given extra weight allowance by Emirates? I think when they upped the allowance to 30kgs they stopped any extra. Their FAQs say dive gear is within the baggage allowance only

Skeggy in UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Shipping scuba equipment

Hi, I've never exceeded 30kgs, so can't advise on that but I don't have my own tanks. Guess it would take me over if I did but its nearly always cheaper to weigh your luggage at home and pay any excess in advance, rather than at check-in because then they know they've got you !

14. Re: Shipping scuba equipment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2014, 05:17