We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decision made..... finally!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Decision made..... finally!!

We have finally decided to go to Reefi Beach Resort for 8 nights next February to celebrate our 10th Wedding Anniversary and hubbys Birthday :O) We did want to go for 2 weeks but this compromise will allow us to have the Water Villa that we wanted and stay in budget.

We are going to book B&B and probably upgrade to Select when we get there, I have worked it out that it will be a little cheaper doing it that way plus we won't have to pay for the AI 3 months before we go!

I have so far got prices from Thomson and Travelbag online and I'm going to ring around tomorrow and get other prices. There was one specific flight I wanted a Quatar one but Thomson offer an Emirates flight that will give us an extra day.... I think..... rather than leaving at the crack of dawn to come home this is a night flight home BUT am I right in thinking that the sea planes only fly in daylight? What time would the last sea plane leave Reefi? Would it in reality give us an extra day? its only an extra £20 so I'm not bothered about that and night flights don't bother us at all.

Very excited as I can finally see it all coming together, thank you so much to everyone that has given me advice her and on pm's

Not sure I can sleep now!!!!

edited as I forgot to ask does upgrading when you get there to Select still give you the free excursions?

Edited: 25 July 2013, 22:39
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

You are right in thinking seaplanes only fly in daylight hours - this doesn't mean to say that because your flight is a late night flight you will leave Reethi on the last plane out at @ 6pm. Depending on when guests are coming in you could find yourself leaving anytime after mid day so you need to be happy with the possibility of spending a few hours around Male, either in the town or a nearby hotel.

Reethi is a nice choice - been twice - it has a great chilled ambience and the accommodation and food (we went normal AI which was fine) is good, as divers we couldn't do justice to the Select AI but if we returned we would opt for BB. Having never stayed past 7.30 am on departure day so just check when the AI ceases - with some islands it is mid day so if you are hanging around after that food and drink is extra - might not be the case at Reethi.

Each of us has our own preference for travel times - we prefer to arrive on the a.m flight and depart on the a.m flight - couldn't stand the possibility of not having a room (except a courtesy room) and hanging around waiting to leave - the extra day thing doesn't swing it as we are already in travel mode and never find it relaxing.

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
580 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Hi Nikola

Well done for deciding on Reeti Beach, a lot of the guys on here have really enjoyed their stay there. As for us, we are heading for the airport in a moment, Angsana Velavaru here we come!!!

Best wishes

BFB

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Thanks guys,

Have a fab holibobs Bat Fish!!

Heather you are very right in your thinking and to be honest thats what I normally feel but we don't normally go away for a week so thought that we could squeeze an extra day in the sun in but I don't think that it will work out that way so we will revert to plan A and get the morning flight out. Like you I love to arrive early morning and normally up and home as well.

Boston UK
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Nikola, if you need the 2014 prices for upgrading to Select, just email info@reethibeach.com.mv when you have booked. I guess there will be an appropriate increase over the ones I've sent you

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Thank you Bonters, I've got your email and Nic has already very kindly been in touch :O)

All booked now so very excited!!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

nikola we had an late evening flight, we left Reethi resort about 3pm. Reethi are very good and do allow you to have your AI plan right up until you leave the island!

Personally I would rather have 2 weeks in a beach villa than less time in a water villa. Some people would not agree with me but I think the water villas are a little disappointing. Also they are semi detached which again I personally would not like!

We booked our holiday to Reethi this Easter with Travelbag and found them good and came out at the best price.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 08:02
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Why not split your stay between beach villa and water villa,alot of people do this to experience both plus it might allow you to afford a couple extra days?

Personally we now prefer a beach villa but you must experience a water villa if you haven't been in one before (just my opinion,everyone is different)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

That's exactly what we did, a week in a BV then last four in a WV. Will probably do that next time too.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Hubby wanted a water villa, he didn't care where we went in the Maldives but that was the one thing he wanted so that is what we have got! We have still got 10 whole days there so more than happy with that. I would of been happy with a BV, actually I would of been happy with a tent but holidays are all about compromise!!

188 days to go!!!

brentwood
Level Contributor
176 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decision made..... finally!!

Nikola

Reethi is a very relaxed place, you will not need shoes, the pathways are sand, and the dress code is very relaxed also, so don't go buying all those extra clothes, just wish my wife would not buy so much,

all i hear is " that will be nice for our Holiday ", and then she brings back half the stuff unworn. but i guess i can not change her now.

keep doing your research, and you will have a great time, take your own mask, fins and snorkel if you like that sort of thing, it's so much better than renting