We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

Thane, India
1 post
Save Topic
Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

Hi All,

I am Nikhil from India & have selected Maldives as my honeymoon destination in the first week of December. Kindly give me your valuable suggestions on my following queries -;

1) Should I book Paradise Island through a trader or do self booking

2) In case if I self book it, what can be the challenges and mainly what will the speedboat two and fro from Paradise Island cost me.

(Any other suggestions are kindly welcomed)

Regadrs,

Nikhil

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

I wouldn't book Paradise Island... They sell it in India a lot, but, in my opinion (i visited it), it's an ugly Island, there's no reef, really crowded (specially the ow, which looked like the market), ...

Apart from that,it's always cheaper (almost always), to book through a travel agent thanthe resort website. The transfer is organised by the resort (look carefully that it's included in The offer) you don't buy it on your own, it's around 120-200$ Per. Person.

Other suggestions: read The FAQ and say your budget...

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,734 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

I definitely would recommend looking for a dfferent island as well . you can do much better . look at embudhu, eriyadu , fihalhohi , makunudu etc

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
305 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

As for your original question.

1) See how you get the best deal (You should try both) and compare. Do though always check any available or confirmation direct with the hotel. In order to make sure you get what is offered.

And all is correct.

2) The transfer will cost you apx. 117 USD PP, But keep in mind that locally you will face some taxes additional on it when you decide to arrange it local.

S Y
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

5. Re: Maldives - Speedboat transfer from Male to Paradise Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 05:15