We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

Nottingham
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

Hi I am looking into going to the Maldvies for 2 weeks, does anyone know whether we can have 4 or 5 nights on a liveaboard and then the rest on a beach resort or do these boats only sail for 7 nights. I am not a diver but hubby is and I think this would be the best way to see the Islands and I have been told it is also better diving from these liveaboards ? any ideas would greatly help.

Thanks

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

Hi

You will be very lucky to find a liveaboard for 4/5 days - the shortest I've seen so far is 6 days. There is a link below to most of the liveaboards available. If you look at the left 'Liveaboard cruises', choose all and 2 people from the drop down the resultant pdf will give you a list of itinerery lengths.

www.maldivesdivetravel.com/liveaboard-diving

The shorter the itinerery the more likely you are to stay in the South and North Male atoll, those nearest the embarkation point. As a diver the South Ari Atoll is notable for its diving, but most resorts will have access to at least a couple of signature sites. I haven't done a liveaboard as we like to do a lot of self diving and night diving and find that an island with a house reef suits us better as we can dive when and however often we want to but from reading I think a liveabord does open up the possibilty of more challenging current/drift diving as it can more easily access the channels where conditions can be more challenging. Thats not to say you won't be drift diving from a resort - we've done some fast current dives from the dive centre dhonis.

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,618 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

there is not better diving from the liveaboards ... depending on which island you pick. I have been on a few and I like them as a change but with one part of a couple being a non-diver , I would not recommend it at all .

choose an island with a good housereef in the ari atoll and you are both in paradise

3. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2014, 17:38
Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

YP has many fans and rightly so but I don't think it offers a 4/5 day itinerery which is the requirement. If it was for 7 or 14 days it would be a good possibility.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
53 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

Thanks for your reply, I think we have decided that a live aboard is not for us, as really I am going for the beaches and it's really defeating the object.

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

What if one the liveaboard there is a 300 sqm SPA? Would that change your mind? :)

Check out this trip elitedivingagency.com/trips/… it's one week in South Ari Atoll, on the liveaboard, and then you can organise the second week in a resort.

I'm suggesting it to you because is not a common liveaboard, it's really big and spacious and it has 300 square meters SPA so even if you're not diving you can definitely enjoy the staying!

7. Re: Liveaboards for 4/5 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:16