We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel without lizards pls

Mississauga, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel without lizards pls

Please help me find a hotel in Maldives without lizards as I have lizard phobia but I really want to

visit this beautiful place. Thanks.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,059 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

None resort is lizard free...

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

Not in the Maldives, sorry. Does not exist.

There Are only tiny little gheckos, and seldom in the room, but if you have a major phobia, then the Maldives is out for you. To kill all the gheckos would be beyond cruel, most people like them, they are harmless and natural inhabitants of the islands.

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

Stay on a water villa and wear a blindfold when going to the restaurants. The Lizards are actually O.K, I am more worried about the Maldivian ridgeback drop spider!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

It's the blind snakes that now worry me lol.

Seriously, to the op, it's perfectly safe, and they are cute, but, a phobia is a phobia and not rational. A shame to miss out on these beautiful islands because of it, but unless you can conquer it, then it will rule a lot of places out.

Good luck.

London
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

Being totally serious here but do not get a room with an outdoor bathroom, the biggest lizards are very small but you will not be able to avoid them.

Greenford, Middx.
Level Contributor
1,641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

Sorry, but If you have a lizard phobia, then the Maldives is not for you.

Cleveland UK
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

Instead of staying on a resort island why not consider a cruise in the Maldives e.g. on the Atoll Explorer. Most of the islands she visits are deserted islands and sandbanks where is less likelihood of encountering them. Try contacting purelymaldives or scaevolatravel for info.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
623 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

You will get lizards in any warm country,my friend will never go abroad again after encountering one tiny lizard in Greece,she said it spoilt her whole holiday.

I told her she had better stick to Blackpool then,sure she will have just as good a time there lol!!

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,017 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

mama121 had the best idea so far ... if you live on a boat , you diminish your chances ... otherwise you will see lizards and geckos will be in your room or at least very close to it . most of us enjoy them

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel without lizards pls

my daughter has a crab phobia - a really bad one - wont even go past the fish counter in Tesco in case they have a crab for sale. . And there are dozens of crabs scuttling everywhere on the beaches in the maldives. Funny how last year when i asked if she wanted to go to the maldives for the first time, but probably not as there are crabs walking sideways everywhere, that she said yes, no problem!!!. Its a good way to get over your phobia!! (the lizards/geckos are only tiny anyway)