We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
Save Topic
suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Hi,

I traveling alone and I will arrive on Male on 21st Aug and leaving it on Saturday Morning around 10 A.M.

What's the best itinerary to be considered of "value for money". I am more into sports,sight seeing.

also please suggest me somewhere to stay?

I don't know whether to stay at a Hotel in Male and take daily tours

or

I book a resort?

what's your suggestion?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,890 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Welcome to the forum.

You mean you are arriving next Wednesday?

Surely the first thing to find out is where you can get a room that is available and in budget.

Some resorts do not accept ultra short stays, may charge a single supplement and we would not usually recommend holidaying on Male itself.

If you do end up with a choice of accommodation in budget then you could ask opinions on here - but time is really of the essence in your case!

Edited: 17 August 2013, 09:33
Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

indeed it is.

as you said, time is of essence and I am thinking of booking a resort for around 100~ 150 USD/night.

what are my option?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Hi

Your options are determined by what's available and a travel agent(s) will tell you - this forum can then comment on the options provided by them if you wish.

Karla

Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

you are right, but the thing is I am trying to plan my trip and it's becoming confusing.

apart from Hotel, there are hidden speed boats/Sea Plane + also food costs which could be enormous in compassion to the hotel cost itself.

it seems booking a Resort with Complete Package (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch + Dinner) is a more reasonable choice. but I don't know where to look for the best offer!. can you help me on that?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

With that budget and considering you won't be ale to get any offer as you're travelling right now, the best thing is to try your dates at the Purely maldives website, so that you can see which resorts are in budget, then check which are available and then come back with the list and people will recommend you... Ask for an offer to several travel agents...

Itinerary? Sight seeing? Those things look weird for me in the Maldives...

Edited: 17 August 2013, 10:41
Dubai, United Arab...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

ok. as it was suggested, I checked the website PurelyMaldives and found some All inclusive pakcages.

I have checked for All-Inclusive Package. which of the below choices do you think are better options.

Paradise Island Resort

From $665 per person for 3 nights, arrive 21 August 2013

purelymaldives.co.uk/resorts/paradise-island…

Sun Island Resort

From $721 per person for 3 nights, arrive 21 August 2013

www.purelymaldives.co.uk/resorts/sun-island

Adaaran

From $802 per person for 3 nights, arrive 21 August 2013

purelymaldives.co.uk/resorts/adaaran-hudhura…

do I have to pay for Speedboat/Sea Plane transfer separately in "All inclusive" packages?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Hello Saber

Our website includes all compulsory charges (taxes + transfers) - however the pricing you are considering is per person based on 2 people sharing a room - thus the figures are not applicable to yourself as you are travelling alone.

Once the forum has discussed the islands you mention, you will need to approach ourselves or another agent for a single person quotation.

Kind regards

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,890 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Better options in what way? What is important to you?

What do you want to do on the resort island?

What kind of room is in the quote?- again, what are you looking for?

You could ask for a single person quotation first - as that may put some of the resorts out of your budget.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,890 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

Also what time do you get into Male on the 21st as this may be relevant if the transfer is by seaplane (their working hours are limited to daylight).

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: suggest an itinerary for 3 days(Value for Money)

It's far too late to go hunting around. Just book Bandos.