We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Island for 2014

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Which Island for 2014

We have been to the Maldives for the last 3 years in early August, 2011 to Kuramathi, 2012 to Vilamendoo and the best so far to Komandoo in 2013.

Each holiday improving on the previous one, in fact we would happily return to Komandoo. Having said that, we feel we want to enjoy different islands if possible.

Our criteria is to have a good quality house reef accessible from the beach. We also prefer a smaller island such as Komandoo and would like a good all inclusive package.

Our ideal accommodation would be a beach villa with Jacuzzi.

Our budget, including flights and transfers is a maximum of £6,000 for 10 nights in early August.

Any suggestions for Islands to consider would be greatly appreciated.

Norway
Level Contributor
819 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Island for 2014

For small island with great reef... Athuruga, Angaga, Angsana Ihuru... A little bigger island, Robinson Club. Athuruga has an excellent AI package, one of the best, no jaccuzzi though.

South Wales
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Island for 2014

What about Maafushivaru? A small island and good AI which includes mini bar etc. Really good snorkelling, particularly over on it's sister island Lonubu which is a free 5 min dhoni ride away. The rooms don't have jacuzzi's though.

We have booked CPDK ( with small pool on decking) for next year but now reconsidering as I quite fancy Kanifushi. A new island with outdoor whirlpool bath. It has a really good AI package too. Reef is close to beach but not sure how good it will be. The rooms look fab and they promise to be well spaced out. Worth a look :)

Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Island for 2014

Have just looked at Kanifushi on the Purely Maldives website and unfortunately theyare quoting over £6,000 excluding the flights, so that is out from our point of view.

South Wales
Level Contributor
313 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Island for 2014

Just had a look on Monarch holidays and, for early August, it comes out at £3317 flying from Gatwick with Emirates. Still a bit over your budget . Shame as it looks really nice and the Platinum AI seems really good.

Did you like the look of the island? If so, as I am looking for the best price at the moment I will let you know if I find it cheaper.

5. Re: Which Island for 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:17