We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

Has anyone had experience of the hand luggage on the Maldivian Aero flts from Male to Kooddoo? or other local airports. I only ask because on the Park Hyatt Hadahaa website there is a section about transfers which says that Maldivian Aero has a very strict hand luggage policy size of 20" x 12" x 7" which is pretty small and would rule out our wheeled small case things which we would have used and would force use of a squashy rucksack thing instead which with all our Belfast transfers we would rather have the ease of the wheeled options. Never like hand luggage going in to the hold.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

Did I hear my name?

I have only flown to Gan x1 and Kadedhdhoo x 2. We always take x2 Samsonite hard cases weighing around 22kg and 18 kg. Our hand luggage is usually quite small. Usually a ruck sack (5kg -7kg) and a large handbag (about 3kg) So never used a wheel on hand luggage on those flights. I do know that some people we met on RC were over their weight limit due to diving equipment and they were just allowed to use two random Chinese tourists quota.

I have been weighed before boarding a domestic flight, but not this year.

Sorry I am not much help.

Hey, just thought I will have a look at my photos. I think I have one of the plane with passengers in the background!

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

No, sorry.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

thanks T23. I did a google search and in the flyer talk forums they say the overhead bins on them planes wont take normal size hand luggage. We find this on some of the smaller prop planes ex belfast that they just wont fit in. Some people take out their laptops and stow the hand luggage in the hold. May have to rethink the wheelie jobbies or get smaller

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

Hi

I have travelled on the Domestic Transfers recently. The overhead locker openings are the problem - the actual compartment is a reasonable size - just the aperture is the issue.

If the airline knows they have a full plane then they will weigh you - if there are empty seats it is less likely.

Have fun

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Surrey
Level Contributor
219 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

Travelled in March on Maldevian Aero. My other half had a small cabin size wheeled case. As we walked to the aircraft he was told to put it in the hold, which he did, but forgot that his iphone was in the pocket. It wasn't there when we reached our island.

So, yes, space is limited. Be prepared and make sure any small 'nickable' items are kept with you.

6. Re: Maldivian Aero - Hand luggage - Calling T23/ OnOn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2014, 05:18