We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Am trying to decide where to go next May for 10 nights our 1st time and we are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary........has anyone been to Kihaad it looks lovely as does Kanifushi and kandolhu!!!! was between lily....moofushi and cpdk but while moo and Lily are still possibles coco has been knocked off my list because of the ugly sand banks.......where to go for pretty island nice accommodation am thinking to split time between BV and WV must have house reef for good snorkelling and good food....AI is the way to go I think!!! any advice welcome...:)

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,391 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

I can comment only on a few of those.

Lily Beach - I went a few years ago. Looks lovely, but is family targeted.

Moofushi - went 2011 and was not impressed by either food or reef.

Kanifushi - never been, new island. I was interested in booking myself because of good opening offers,. From pics does not look like it will have excellent snorkelling.

Kandolhu - spent a day on it in 2005 when it was still just a spa island. Very small with good snorkelling. I actually also went back a few years later just for snorkelling trip.

My favourite island for food and reef is Robinson Club. It is a medium size island with a huge reef that goe right the way around. It is not AI but FB plus which means drinks with food.

Sorry have to go my cat has just brought in a mouse!!!!

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Hi turquoise23 and thanks does tick all the boxes but really do not fancy another flight but quite fancy a seaplane!!! hope u got the mouse out!!!

england
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

LTH - the additional flight will get you to RC just as quickly as a seaplane gets you to another resort. Going back is another matter though - it does take longer. I honestly would not let it put you off RC - the reef is spectacular and the food is fantastic

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Hi OnOn

Trying to decide where to go next year Does RC have proper bacon for breakfast not that beef nonsense

Regards

Doug

england
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

No idea about bacon I am afraid.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Hi OnOn

I won't send you on any more fact finding trips then : ))

Regards

Doug

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Hi KentDougal,

Yes RC does have proper Bacon hubby say's,being a veggie I wouldn't know, but he used to make bacon butty's :).

MA.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,865 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Hi MA

Brilliant thanks for the info

Regards

Doug

england
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

Sorry but I am a bit funny about bacon. I don't bother trying it if I think it is likely to be rubbish. There's not a lot worse than really looking forward to a nice tasty piece of bacon and then being really disappointed. I just stick to muesli and yogurt when and if I make it to breakfast.

MA - ask him it was good bacon because if it was then that's another reason for me to go back there.

KentDougal - rooms are massive - see Cakestin's review for more info. I have not get round to doing my review yet and should do so before I go back to Athuruga. One point I really love about RC is that you could sit outside and eat at all meals. The seating area outside is huge. It is really easy to access the reef and when I was there the visibility was awesome and the sea was like a mill pond. The only thing that I had a problem with was that I was the only British person on the island - you can't blame that on RC though. Because I was on my own I had no one at all to talk to and at the end of 10 days I did get a bit lonesome. But, I would go back again, and go on my own again.

australia
Level Contributor
551 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone been Kihaad recently? cant decide kanifushi kandolhu?

I will soon find out about Kihaad. 6 more weeks to go!

I have been to Lily (and a few others with all inclusive). Some things I liked. I didn't like the walls there covered in Green netting.

I like all inclusive. What sold me for Kihaad is the island looks lovely. Lot's of beach and plenty of untouched areas. The all inclusive also looks very decent.

They had some very good specials out because it only reopened after a renovation last year.

Certainly one I am excited to try :)