We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yes! Finally ... !

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yes! Finally ... !

After doing tons of research on which resort to opt for my honeymoon ( In the end it was simply a toss up between Reethi WV and Vilamendhoo BV) I have finally chosen Reethi Water Villa. The privacy edge that Reethi has over Vila plus of course a lot of encouraging reviews helped me make the decision.

I would be going there in the second week of December. Fingers Crossed that my decision turns out to be the right one. What say people ?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,268 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

there was no wrong one . you will have a fantastic time ! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Excellent decision! Hope you have a fantastic time.

SL

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
987 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Book your honeymoon dinner at the Saima Garden as soon as you arrive as it only has 5 tables and can get booked up. We loved Reethi for the beach, food, atmosphere.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Thanks Guys !

@Parrotfish : Thanks for the suggestion. I have opted for B&B so would have the freedom to book at Saima.

My flight lands in Male at 14:20 hrs. How frequent are the Seaplanes flying into Reethi. Don't want to spend the first day of my honeymoon waiting at the airport :-)

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Definitely the right decision. I've been to both Reethi and Vila and, overall, Reethi gets my vote. Have a wonderful time :-)

New Romney, United...
Level Contributor
223 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Your honeymoon dinner at the saima garden will be free and you will receive an invitation stating the day and time you are booked in for. So no need to panic about not getting in.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
987 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

The seaplanes depend on number of guests and international flight arrivals. We only waited 1/2 hour but it has been up to 2 for other islands. Now the seaplane companies have merged it should mean a shorter wait I guess?

Worth booking the Moodhu on Friday as the Grill is closed but otherwise restaurants were fairly available.

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Feels great everytime someone approves of my choice. :-)...... Uber thrilled and excited to visit Maldives now.!!!

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Feels great everytime someone approves of my choice. :-)...... Uber thrilled and excited to visit Maldives now.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 13:45
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yes! Finally ... !

Sorry for the double post. Probably some bug in my phone.

Edited: 23 September 2013, 13:47