We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaaya reef boat transfer

9 posts
Save Topic
Chaaya reef boat transfer

First timer going to the maldives! We have booked up for 2 weeks in april/may 2014 cant wait!

After doing some research on this forum and TA reviews we picked chaaya reef purely for the snorkeling and diving and after reading some recent reviews regarding the boat transfer we can not wait for the "bumpy" ride to start our holiday off.

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaaya reef boat transfer

If you are looking forward to the bumpy ride you might be disappointed - April/beginning of May likely to be calmer - but then stormy weather can hit at any time of the year so you never know!

I wouldn't mind a short bumpy ride - have done them often enough to Biya and Fiha but 40/45 minutes is plenty long enough in those conditions for me - I couldn't be doing with the 90 minutes+ to Ellaidhoo so it will probably be the seaplane again if we return to Ellaidhoo for a 3rd time.

Great choice for diving - enjoy!

9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaaya reef boat transfer

Oh well will still be an experience. Could you tell me if it is possible to book a seaplane on our return journey while we are there and what cost would this be?

Thanks in advance.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaaya reef boat transfer

Yes, it is possible to book the return seaplane journey while on the resort. I think it is around $120 pp. However the return trip is less bumpy. Apparently this is usually the case.

The boat transfer was worse than I expected, as it just jolted you around so much. The weather was calm the day we travelled, but sea swell meant boat leapt out of the water and crashed back down again. My insides felt like they had been realigned. I personally did not feel sick. A tip is to sit forward in your seats with your back away from the seatback and hold your hand luggage, keeping arms and elbows well away from the sides.

There was nothing to see either as you are in open ocean. I would definitely do it again though if I were trying to keep costs down.

If you are young and able bodied you should be fine.

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaaya reef boat transfer

I think the return price for the seaplane is around $220 pp, not $120. Best to contact the resort though.

fom.ellaidhoo@chaayahotels.com.mv

5. Re: Chaaya reef boat transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 05:19