We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Still confused with choice of island

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Still confused with choice of island

I have previously written a post and got some good ideas from answers given as to what island to choose. However my research in reality is driving me insane all places have both good and bad about them but mostly they all seem great overall.

So what am I looking for the ability to stay all inclusive with decent food and all drinks doesn't have to be top brands but I would like some decent cocktails. I would love to have a chance to see a whale shark but it would appear in February that is unlikely but who knows. Hopefully an overwater villa or at the very least one close to the water spacious not to small. I have narrowed it down so not in order of preference but first off the one I know is most expensive:

Constance Moofushi

Veligandu

Karramathi

Komandoo

Vilamendhoo

Why these because they seem to have good reports some seem close to were whale sharks are some don't seem like there are to many children I'm kind of over screaming demanding children especially when paying the most I have forked out on a holiday ever. Some do have premium brands and they seem to have decent snorkeling I do not dive. I am booking this tour out of Australia so its hard to get advise not so many Aussies go as it has a reputation of being to expensive. I have found that doesn't have to be the case.quotes so far range between US$2900 to $4135 for a week so with airfares added not cheap.

If I could get opinions and why I would really find that helpful especially from those who have been to more then one. Sorry my question is so massive but I really want to narrow it down and soon.

Thanks for all assistance offered.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Still confused with choice of island

Hexane - post #9..... You still haven't said how you managed to miss the house REEF on Komandoo....lol! ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Still confused with choice of island

Lyn. My bad.

I was thinking of Meeru. ;-]

I did see the local processing island however if that redeems myself. Anyway I’m not going back because I don’t like the White Night it puts on!.....................;-] lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Still confused with choice of island

A while back Kuredu were upgrading people to Kom. What a stink that got. ;-]

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Still confused with choice of island

hexane - that was a long while back....before they closed for the mini refurb and before Patrick took up management of the island. It's seems to be a whole new island since then and has risen nicely up the rankings :-)

And before Darryl gets hot under the collar......definitely no white knight nights ..... Just the odd private foam party if you overdo the bubble bath.

Apparently ;-)

Edited: 20 October 2013, 11:39
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Still confused with choice of island

It was a while back......but I dont forget a good old debate. ;-].................

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Still confused with choice of island

Hi Jules - did you get anything book yet?

I just saw a new review of Moofooshi and thought of you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Still confused with choice of island

Well confused no more yes Lyn I have now booked and paid for Maafushivaru for 7 nights in Feb can feel the sand between my toes now sun on my back and warm water around my ankles sipping a cocktail.

Thanks for your help hope you are enjoying your holiday now or have I jumped the gun I am thinking you are there now in sunny Maldives. I will be finishing my holiday in Singapore with 3nts there enroute home to Sydney so 10 nts all up plus flight times fair amount of wasted time in that but as they say no pain no gain.

I am going to post some more questions but in new headings so maybe i will hear from you and the other helpful Maldive lovers again.

Thank you all.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Still confused with choice of island

Hi Jules - yes we are currently in the sun on Komandoo. Glad you got something sorted.....how many days to go?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
203 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Still confused with choice of island

I made my payment on Tuesday but it was sorted the week before but had to wait for something for International transfers from the bank. Hope your having a great time and that the weather is fine and settled no rains. Some of the rest of Asia is taking a terrible beating right now Philippines and now heading for Vietnam this can be tricky in Asia at this time of year.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Still confused with choice of island

We've mostly only had rain overnight, other than the odd quick shower.