We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget holiday @ Maldives

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hello Friends,

I am planning to spend a short vacation with my wife @ Maldives during the 1st quarter of 2014(Mar, Apr or May). Our max budget is $1300.00 for 4 nights(2 nights in Beach Villa and 2 nights in Water Villa) FB/All Inc.

Please advice us with the right resort. Also it would be a great help if anyone could advice me with the activities out there with price and details.

We will start from Bangalore - India

Thank you in advance:)

Nitin

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

I´m not sure if this is possible with your budget, but from May1st, the low-season rates begin and prices drop considerably, so there might be a chance!

Fihalhohi Island Resort (Fullboard) in South Male Atoll comes to my mind (perhaps 2nights Classic Beach Bungalow + 2nights Water Villa). It is a nice and beautiful but rustic little island with palm-fringed beaches, housereef is okay for snorkelling too, a speedboat transfer away, but it`s been such a long time since we stayed there the last time (it was our first island back in 2006), so I don`t know if their rates would still be within your budget for next May, but maybe worth e-mailing the resort directly and ask for accomodation+transfer and activities/excursions rates?

This is the link to their website: http://www.fihalhohi.com.mv/ and you can read about activities/excursions there, too!

Hope this helps! /Annika

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hello Friends,

A small correction in the Budget, Its $2600.00 for 4 nights(2 nights in Beach Villa and 2 nights in Water Villa) FB/All Inc.

Please advice,

Thank you:)

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hi Annika,

Appreciate that :)

I am sorry, our Budget is $2600.00 for 4 nights(2 nights in Beach Villa and 2 nights in Water Villa) FB/All Inc.

Please advice.

Thank you,

Nitin

Antalya, Turkey
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hi Nitin, is transfer included in your stated budget? or you see it as extra?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hi

Does that budget have to include your International flights or is it just for the resort?

SL

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hi,

Nope, I haven't included my International flight transfer in this budget, But yes definitely the Airport transfer to and from Resort(any Sea/Air).

Please advice.

Thank you,

Nitin

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Nitin, welcome to the forum btw.

$2600 is realistic for some of the budget resorts within a speedboat ride of Male. A seaplane trip would take a big chunk of your money.

Check out Sheraton FullMoon, Thulagiri and Hudhuranfushi.

John

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
10 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

Hey John,

Gracias! I just checked their websites and have sent the requests.

You have a nice day:)

Nitin

9. Re: Budget holiday @ Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2014, 05:19