We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a resort island for my budget

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a resort island for my budget

Dear all,

Does 1500 USD Budget for four nights work? Will i get a standard 4 star resort booking with Half board and airport transfer?

Also which are the suggested island in maldives where you can do Free Snorkel?

:KP

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

Hi

It will depend when you want to travel and whether that is for one or two people, so if you can let us have that information then we can answer your question. You can snorkel for free at any island, although what you see will depend on whether it has a good housereef (ie a reef close to the shore) or not. If you take your own snorkelling gear it won't cost you anything, otherwise you will need to hire your equipment from the resort. Some islands include equipment hire in their All Inclusive package, but I don't know of any that do this if you are on HB.

SL

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

November 1st week. For a Couple. And Snorkeling is not that important but i have got the gears and if the island has good snorkeling spots and allowed for free i can try my luck.

Looking for Half board.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

Hmm - your budget will only get you a fairly basic budget island. Have a look at Eriyadu, and Biyadhoo. Snorkelling at Biyadhoo is excellent from the beach and it's a lovely, friendly little island. However, do be aware that the rooms at Biyadhoo are very basic, although kept spotlessly clean and have everything you need. .You might be lucky and find a last minute room

SL

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

Stay at a resort close to male and you should be fine. This means you can get a boat and not a plane, keeping costs down,

Try kurumba, Bandos, and adaaran club rannahli.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

I checked Eriyadu, affordable and transfers are cheap as well. But the only site offering a room is Agoda and they are charging for Christmas eve and new year eve dinners! I wonder why do they have to charge me for Christmas and New year eve for my nov first week booking!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

They all do...it's not optional, it's the only meal you can have and all resorts do it.

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

Does it mean that even i November i will have to pay Christmas and New year dinner price?

england
Level Contributor
2,446 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

no

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

That is weird and I would imagine there is something wrong with their site at the moment. You only have to pay the supplement for Christmas and New Year if you are actually there then.

SL

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggest a resort island for my budget

I've just checked the Agoda website and the comment about Christmas etc is simply a standard one that highlights that there are extra charges to be added as appropriate. The headline price isn't the final one. If you read that paragraph carefully, you'll see that there will be a 10% service charge, 8% island tax (or however they word it) etc to go on top of the headline figure. The Christmas and NY comment is irrelevant to your booking.

SL