We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biyadhoo Island Resort

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Biyadhoo Island Resort

Would anybody be able to tell me what is included in the full board at the resort? I know it would be b'fast, lunch and dinner but are snacks and drinks included (non-alcoholic)?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,173 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Hi

No, no snacks or drinks (other than juice, tea and coffee at breakfast) included on full board.

SL

Swanwick, United...
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Just to add to Sunlover's reply. You would also need to purchase all bottled drinking water.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Maybe worth looking at all inclusive....

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

I have heard of 'inclusive' but I thought that meant full board. Does anyone know if Biyadhoo offers this?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Whenever we have booked Biya it has offered either fullboard or All Inclusive (AI)

Fullboard includes breakfast, lunch and dinner - nothing else, anything over and above this (drinks,snacks, excursions etc) will attract 10% service charge and 8% GST (that will likely increase next year).

For our trips between 2009 and 2011 the AI included breakfast lunch and dinner but also :-

Bottled mineral water (small and large bottles)

Soft drinks - Sprite, Coke, Soda, Fanta, Bitter lemon, Tonic water

Canned fruit juices - Orange, Pineapple, peach, Mango, grapefruit, Tomato

Hot Beverages - Tea, coffee (nescafe)

Beer - Draft/can/bottle - Lion, Carlsberg, San Miguel

Wine - Red or white by the glass

Spirits- White Rum, dark Rum, Scott (sic) Whiskey, Gin, Vodka

Cocktails - Gin Fizz, Whisky Sour, Rusty Nail, Planters Punch, Pina Colada, Deep sea, bloody mary, Coconut Cooler

Also

Snorkelling equipment throughout your stay

Windsurfing equipment (instruction is payable)

One snorkelling trip per person per stay

One sunset fishing trip per person per stay

Introductory dive for beginners to be taken within 2 days of arrival (get your face wet in the shallows!)

A choice of sandwiches (tuna, chicken or cheese and tomato) ordered at the main bar from 1600 hrs to 1700 hrs

AI does NOT include mini bar items, drinks consumed during excursions, special dinners, cocktails that are not listed, fresh fruit juices, the bar snack menu from 1100 hrs to 2100 hrs.

This was correct as of 2011 and didn't vary much over the preceeding 3 years.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 23:39
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Thank you Heather. Most helpful. Did you organise this through the resort when you arrived or beforehand. We have booked with Agoda and there wasn't any mention of AI on their site. Can you recall how much the AI was?

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Hi Vicky

We organsied this through our travel agent as part of the package. I remember the previous guest relations officer (Nic) saying in one of her posts on here that it was cheaper to do it this way rather than in resort but that may well have changed. I hope someone comes along to answer your question soon - but I would say that if you have booked through Agoda you will also need to pay for your transfers as part of your final bill. You can only use the resort transfer and you will need to confirm your flight details with them prior to your arrival in order for them to get the speedboat to Male Airport to pick you up.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

Thank you Heather

9. Re: Biyadhoo Island Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:19