We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Hi,

I've been told by a few good friends that Mirihi is one of the best diving resorts due to its proximity to many dive sites and great dive center. I'm been there myself and am very impressed as it does live up to its reputation. I'm planning another trip for early next year and like to try something different but equally great. I would really appreciate any advice and suggestions. Thanks in advance!

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Except when I dived in Baa Atoll, I've been very happy with all my dives in North Male Atoll, North Ari Atoll, South Ari Atoll (from Conrad, which is quite close to Mirihi), and from Alila Hadahaa (now Park Hyatt).

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,197 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

the dive team makes the big difference and for me the 75 minute standard dive while everyone else I have dived with , sticks to 60 minute . there are good dives anywhere but as far as the whole package - meaning a great team , fantastic sites and the extra time (much more dive for the buck) , I have not found better anywhere in the Maldives.

as far as sites .. north ari has legendary sites . W would be good for the location .

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Thanks for your reply! So do you mean Mirihi is the only one youve been to that has 75 mins dive?

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Thanks for your reply! Do you have any recommendations, aside from hotel chains, for boutique hotels in these atolls?

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

I don't understand very well your question: Conrad Rangali is a resort, as Park Hyatt Hadahaa...

In order to recommend you, you should say budget, month, long of stay, what do you want in your island,...

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
277 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

I think what they are asking for is a non-chain resort like Mirihi. So excluding resorts from noticeable brands like Hilton, Starwood, Hyatt and so on. It will probably be difficult to find an independent resort with the same criteria. From my research, it seems Kandolhu would work. Although how it will turn out after the construction work is anybody's guess.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

The truth is that park hyatt was built and started working as Alila villas Hadahaa, so it is in fact a boutique hotel, but much more luxurious than mirihi... Baros is another option...

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

We have found that when diving with the dive centre on 'follow me' type dives they will generally stick to 60 minutes. But when we have dived the house reef at other resorts (we haven't been to Mirihi) as a buddy pair we have often dived for over 70 minutes with no questions asked - as long as the tanks have been brought back with the requested amount of pressure left and within the time limits entered on the white board. We haven't made a habit of it and we have generally got to know the dive centre first so that they are aware of our capabilities but it has been nice to be allowed that extra leeway occasionally. I think Mirihi is the only centre that generally allows a longer dive time.

If you are looking for a boutique hotel how about Nika (not sure whether its part of a chain) in North Ari as well as W?.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Thanks everyone! I will check out the names of the hotels you've mentioned!

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Diving that's better than Mirihi in Maldives?

Hello - @ Dorical. Was wondering if you ended up going to Mirihi. I am trying to decide between Maafushivaru or Mirihi for diving. Mirihi is much more expensive all-in, so am wondering if it's worth it. I've only found a few reviews on Maafushivaru diving which seem to be pretty good, but was hoping someone else might shed some light.