We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Hoboken, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

TotalBudget around $5000+$1500 (activities)

I have pinned down these three available choices for honeymoon this December with "All inclusive" packages.

1) Kuredu Resort -- Koamas jacuzzi beach villa

2) Vilamendhoo island resort spa -- Beach Villa

3) Reethi beach resort -- Reethi villa, Deluxe Villa, Water villa

Any similar suggestions much welcome!

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Hi

Out of your list I have visited kuredu & vilamendhoo and know a little about Reethi due to its popularity on the forum .

It all depends on what you are looking for from an island .

Kuredu is a large island with fantastic beaches,lagoon and a sand bank . It also has 2 pools and plenty of dinning options but the snorkeling is poor .

Vilamendhoo is a mid size island with a fantastic easy to access reef ,2 pools and plenty of dinning options .

Both thoes islands have adult only areas .

Reethi is a good all rounder with decent food nice beaches and some good snorkeling ,it's the most family friendly out of the 3 lMO .

I personally would choose vilamendhoo due to the fantastic snorkeling all round facilities and being in the south Ari Atoll.

Other islands subject to budget ...

Komandoo

Filitheyo

Angaga

Athuruga

Good luck

Darryl

Hoboken, New Jersey
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Hi Darryl,

Glad i got a response from you, given you seem to be very well versed with the subject. I can perhaps trouble you with my thoughts:

Both of us are 'first timers' on my honeymoon this December. (It's quite late for booking and above mentioned are my ONLY available options). I'm looking for decent secluded room/villa, off island activities, beach activities, and yes, romance. You shedding some light on these points will be of great help. Could you also answer with room choices as available above? Thanks.

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,665 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

I thought you asked for similar suggestions in your opening post - and I too would have suggested looking at Komandoo for a honeymoon as this is adults only.

A BV on Vila will place you in the family area (you need a JBV to get allocated to the adults only beach room areas and a JBV/JWV to use the adults only restaurant). But villa has an excellent house reef just off the beach on both sides of the island.

Not been to the other 2.

Edited: 04 November 2013, 08:05
England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Hi

As Lyn says being in a BV you will be allocated the family restaurant but this doesn't meen you can't use the other adults only facilities including the infinity pool,bars ,restaurants and to be honest we were more than happy with our BV ,hardly saw any kids .

You can choose from lots of off island excursions and being in the south Ari Atoll ,vilamendhoo offer whale shark spotting trips ;)

Vila has a great dive center too ,fantastic snorkeling,kayaking ,gym and lots more .

Romance... What can I say ,us Britts don't have any problems finding romance any time any place lol .vilamendhoo will give you the setting the rest is up to you ;-))))

Darryl

Kent, England
Level Contributor
4,468 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

I'm sorry but I disagree with Vila being secluded, the paths all go past other villas, if you haven't experienced anything else then maybe you wouldn't mind but having then been to reethi, where paths are internal, you really notice a difference.

The beaches at Vila are also narrow, we were moving our sun beds constantly.

Don't get me wrong, Vila is a good all rounder and probably the best snorkeling option in it's price range but I don't think it particularly romantic or lush with hindsight.

Golden rule though....your first Maldives island always feels like paradise :-)

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Secluded Jody ? ;-)

Kalix, Sweden
Level Contributor
683 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Vilamendhoo is not only good for first timers....it was our island number 5 at that time and we loved it and if we hadn`t found Vakarufalhi after that, we would have happily returned - especially because of the amazing housereef for snorkelling!

The beach Villas are really lovely and although the restaurant is busier compared to the JBV/JWV, the food buffets are still amazing! You can still walk all around the island and use the other facilities! The beaches are narrow in some places, yes, but the many bending palm trees on the beach and over the sea were just amazing! The whaleshark & manta snorkelling excursion trips are a bonus and definitely a must-do, if you are interested in this, a once-in-a-lifetime experience! We can definitely recommend Vilamendhoo (but can`t compare to the other two on your list - Kuredu and Reethi - as we haven`t been to those)!

Whatever you choose, I hope you find your special island & have a fantastic holiday!

Edited: 04 November 2013, 12:35
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,269 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Have been to all 3,

Budget rules! Vila' has been greatly revamped since my trip, have heard some niggles about overcrowding and a little formulaic, If snorkel/diving is top priority , its a good choice, but the interior has exceptionally mature tall trees compared to most Maldivian Islands and very little beach space, so not so ideal for those picturesque sunset, strolls at the waters edge.

Reethi , great all round atmosphere, lovely bar , Island interior a bit scrubby, Don't like the water villas at all, good fish life although reef a bit patchy, has a lot of repeaters but that may be due to price

Kuredu never gets much praise from diving.snorkelling regulars but, Its a very big Island, It does have a complex segregation system, The interior has nice paths, I have always found big empty beaches , simply due to the large beach areas, there is plenty of snorkelling in the shallow areas with rocky outcrops full of fish , there are always turtles in the sea grass near the jetty, lots of night life. good bars/atmosphere, but above all space to get away from others. we have stayed in the water villa end, more upmarket, but actually preferred the simple beach room that seemed quiet. with no-one and more importantly no paths in front of the room

Any island you pick will be a great romantic experience for a first timer. would return to any

London, United...
Level Contributor
496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

Are you sure these are all available? I thought Reethi was pretty full right through til March.

10. Re: Kuredu, Vilamendhoo or Reethi Beach resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 05:17