We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa position on Sun Island

Chester , England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Villa position on Sun Island

Hi,

need some advice as to what’s a good villa position on the island.

I realize that different people have different opinions as to a good position, but comments from yourselves would be appreciated.

We like to have a nice beach in front of the villa (have read a recent review that states some villas have very little sand in front,), love to snorkel, not to near the main area - restaurant, pool etc (no problem with a 10 minute walk to these).

We are booked into a deluxe villa at the moment (is it true these are in blocks of 6 - 8 - if so what’s your opinion of this, what’s the beach like there) - but are looking at an upgrade to super deluxe, if we can.

Look forward to your comments

Thanks Dave

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

Hi Dave, we have always beeen around the two hundreds, which out the back leads to a nice stretch of beach which is a little way from the water bungalows.

although the rooms are attached to the front,at the rear they all have patios to themselves and are usually very quiet.

If you look at the map on the island web site then you can see how far the room you want is away from the main complex.most folks op for the bike hire so distance aint a problem.Im sure you will luv sun, no matter which room you get !

cfc

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

Dave

Go to the Sun Island website at www.villahotels.com

There is a map of the island, with all the villa's numbered.In my opinion the 'best' villas are either top left hand side of the map as you look at it towards the beach bar, or the villas to the right of the restaurant again as you look at the map.

Again, I have stayed at all sides and positions on this island and all are excellent. You are free to wonder across the whole island and sunbath were you want. To walk around the whole island along the shore line takes about 40-60 minutes, but there are watering holes along the way so could take all day!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

hahahah batman can been seen hanging around in the tree by the water sports bar ! lolol

Chester , England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

Thanks cfc and Mark for your replies.

Just visited the villa hotels web site to look at the island layout - thanks for that - it gives us a good idea of the island layout now.

From the map then rooms 178 - 101 , 249 - 318 are in a good position - I fancy the rooms 249 - 318 - assume about a 10 -15 minute casual walk to the main area ?

What's the snorkelling like around that section?

Looks a good area to be in - the Beach bar is handy - we are all inclusive - is that bar included ?Would still go there if it wasn't .

Dave

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

Hi Dave yep 200 hundreds plus are good.Try snorkel around the centre of the water bungalows and also around the Italian rest.

Though around the Italian the water can be a little rough depending on a day to day basis.

Im sure the sports bar is all incl , but batman will confirm this for you !

You will luv this place mate its the dogs !!

U.K.
Level Contributor
521 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

Sun is a beautiful island and is very popular on TA but it has to be said that the snorkelling is nowhere near as good as many of the other islands. It does not have a fringing reef.

Padi.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

The beach bar IS AI!!! It's great cos it doesn't get busy it is also 24hrs!! We have been there at 4am for a cold beer and it's great if not a bit spooky, cos it's dark, that's were my bat hearing comes into play!!! LOL

As for the snorkling, slightly have to disagree with Padi, it is fantastic off the Italian, you see every fish possible, including sharks, eels, turtles and rays. I agree the coral is not great but there are some amazing patches and if you are a good and confident swimmer, you can snorkle fo about 1,000 yrds to the left of the italian as you look from the Island and see some fantastic fish and coral.

The snorking safari is good and weel woth the trip

Mark

cfc
Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

only 15 weeks and i can try the sports bar too lololol

9. Re: Villa position on Sun Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 10:36