We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

OK, I narrowed it down to these 3 and they all look pretty fab....just wondering whether it's worth paying the extra for the Diamonds resorts...their water villas look beautiful!! They look to have a better outside deck and more space between them than those at Maafushivaru, is that right? As this is a surprise destination for my hubby for our 25th anniversary I'd really like somewhere that has the wow factor although just going to Maldives at all is very wow for us!!

I've not had my quote from PM but I've been looking around on Agoda etc and the Diamonds ones are coming in at $2000 more than Maafushivaru :-/

London
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

I was thoroughly charmed by Maafushivaru. It is one of the most diminutive islands there is (which I like), great snorkeling. I really think it has the plushest sand in the Maldives. You sink up to your ankles in flour-soft whiteness throughout the island. Agree with BM that the mini island nearby is a special treat too.

Bruce

www.maldivescomplete.com

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

OK, mind made up, and the winner is......Thudufushi :-)). Got my quote from PM, happy with it so booking it today. I can relax now and just look forward to my anniversary celebration:-)))

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

bush

Nice one ;-)

Enjoy your countdown ,,, Lucky You ;-))

Darryl

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,470 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

Excellent news bush - what a surprise for your hubby!! -)

15. Re: Maafushivaru or Thudufushi /Athuruga ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2014, 06:19