We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

decent mid budget resort

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
decent mid budget resort

looking to book for 3 nights stay for one couple in mid thirties , would prefer breakfast and one main meal plan

plan to check in on 26th jan and my budget would be around 600 us $ for 03 nights for one couple.

please suggest some good options,

thanks ;)

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,074 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: decent mid budget resort

I'm sorry, but specially in high season, you could only go to a guest house with that budget, specially if it should include transfer... There is a FAQ on the right of the website about visiting Maldives in a budget...

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: decent mid budget resort

i am planning my first visit to maldives, i wont mind extending my budget but would like to stay in a resort area only.

please suggest what would be the basic resorts charging and any good options i can work upon.

regards

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: decent mid budget resort

I think you will need to more than double your budget to stay in a resort. As Maria says, Jan is high season, with high prices.

DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: decent mid budget resort

Thanks for ur reply, I just checked for holiday inn resort it's available for about 350 $ / night , would that be a good area to stay?

And what could be the cost for airport transfers to that place ?

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
9,247 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: decent mid budget resort

Looking on the Kandooma web site it seems to be 209 USD per person for the boat transfer.

Check if the rate you have found includes all taxes, bed tax and any board basis you require.

The entry level rooms may be garden rooms in the interior (not beach front).

Kandooma is known for surfing - rather than having good snorkelling off the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,179 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: decent mid budget resort

Yes, try Bandos, eriyadu etc, you are at budget end, and you need to ensure all costs are inc ie transfers and taxes. Also remember to factor in food and board so look at the board basis, as food and drink can be very expensive.

Ps, why did you put your age? Why is that relevant?

Mentioned in this post
Bandos
Bandos
North Male Atoll
DELHI
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: decent mid budget resort

hi froggy,

thanks for ur input. put my age just to give an idea for the sort of resort that would suit us.

:) no worries

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
3,899 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: decent mid budget resort

Even though you're in your 30s, what kind of island would you prefer - one that's very quiet, or one with more activities or social scene?

9. Re: decent mid budget resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17