We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Hi All,

Has anyone stayed at both of the above in a beach villa. We stayed at FS KH and were totally underwhelmed by the beach villa. Looking at going to Conrad and wondering if we will be similarly unimpressed by their beach villas.

Thanks

Ange

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Are you looking at the regular beach villas at Conrad or the deluxe ones? The regular ones cannot compare to Four Seasons (smaller, in blocks, no plunge pool, etc). The deluxe beach villas are more in the same league, though it would be helpful to know what your preferences are. Why were you underwhelmed by the beach villas at Four Seasons?

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Hello Ange

I have stayed in both room types - I agree FSKH is a bit disappointing as the rooms are quite small, and the island just feels like a sandbank with accommodation plonked on it ! The outdoor space of these rooms is however very nice with the pool and decking and undergrowth for pricacy.

Conrad Rangali however has larger rooms (with very big outdoors bathrooms) but the island feels over crammed with rooms.

Can the forum advise you of alternatives (?) if so - let us know your budget and parameters etc and I am sure you will get lots of advice.

Thanks

Richard from PurelyMaldives

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Beach villas at Conrad are much bigger (150 m2) than basic beach villas at FS (45 m2), but they lack the pool and are in blocks...

Deluxe beach villas at Conrad are marvellous and 300 m2, much much better, for me, than FS ones...

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

45m2 is tiny tiny

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Yes, i guess that is without considering the outdoor front area, but I don't know...

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Hi

The comparison of 150 m2 with 45 m2 exposes the need to be wary of statistics - having stayed in both room types I would suggest the Conrad rooms are about 1.25 times the size of FSKH. The anomaly arises when one company measures only internal dimensions in comparison with a competitor who unfairly quotes area including decking/outside bathroom etc.

Maybe take a look at room pics and videos before deciding ?

Cheers

Richard

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

According to the official room numbers both the Beach Bungalow at FSKH and the Beach Villa at Conrad are about 150 square meters (indoor + outdoor space combined). Although I greatly dislike the island and location of FSKH, I do think the beach bungalows look nicer than the standard beach villas at Conrad.

The standard beach villas at Conrad are in blocks and lack the large decking area with a plunge pool for example. The indoor space is more or less the same as you can tell from pictures, but Conrad does have the large outdoor bathrooms to boost their room size figures (especially in the case of Deluxe beach villas). If the beach bungalows at FSKH were underwhelming, I feel the same will be true for the standard beach villas at Conrad. You really need to stay at the Deluxe beach category for a true wow factor.

I have to admit I've only stayed at Conrad, but I think the beach bungalows at FSKH (I assume we're discussing this and not the smaller beach pavilion) look beautiful. The Deluxe beach villas at Conrad have a much more impressive outdoor bathroom, but the interior space looks very comparable in size. And in my opinion, the decking area of the beach bungalows at FSKH is nicer. As mentioned before, the setting and reef are much better at Conrad of course.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Thanks all very much. We felt the Beach Pavilion (thanks JP I put in the wrong room type) at FSKH looked very old and boring - no WOW at all. The outside area did have a small pool but it still felt very enclosed.

Based on the comments above I have definetly discounted the beach villa at Conrad.

Our main reason for going to the Conrad is to see whale sharks. (as for budget - as little as possible but will spend what needs to ensure a great holiday).

I am not really fused about a pool (especially a plunge pool). I have a lovely pool in my garden but I don't have the magnificent Indian Ocean.

The price of the Superior Water Villa is the same as the Deluxe Beach Villa at Conrad. Maybe I go back to WV.

Once again thank you all so much for your invaluable input.

Ange

London, United...
Level Contributor
691 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Appreciate the clarification. In that case, I would definitely suggest the water villas at Conrad. The plunge pools in the deluxe beach villas are even more enclosed- no views of the beach or sea at all. As Richard mentioned above, the main island is also "over crammed" and can feel busy and crowded at times.

The water villa island is much nicer and quieter but also very far from the house reef. You will need to take a long walk across the bridge to the east side of the main island to access the house reef for snorkeling. But if whale sharks are the main reason for the trip, I don't think this point should concern you much. I would recommend the standard water villas if you want to save a little money, as they are nice enough in my opinion. After the refurbishment, they are actually larger than the superior water villas (which have not been renovated).

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,775 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons Kh v Conrad Beach Villas

Thanks heaps. Look like Water Villa it is.