We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

HI

planning my honeymoon for Aug 2014. . . wanted to spend a week in the maldives and then a week in Europe or Asian beforehand. . . preferably not in a large city (we are from NYC and get our fair share of crowds) any recomendations with somewhat easy flights (in terms of timing/logistics)?

thanks,

john

suffolk
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

John, welcome to the forum.

Wow, what an ask for your first post.....somewhere in Europe or Asia.

Give us some clues other than you don't want a big city.

One thing is for certain.....make the Maldives your last stop. Completely relaxing end to your honeymoon.

John

Lincolnshire...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,895 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

2 weeks in the Maldives. Simples. :-)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

Have a look at the FAQs. Budget is king . House reef/ diving? Water or beach villa etc

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

Edinburgh!

There will be 5 weekly non-stop flights with Qatar to Doha which connect to their Male flights starting in late May 2014 from Edinburgh, arriving in Male (Maldives) at 7.50 in the morning. Layover is just over 1 hour.

During August there is the Edinburgh festival which is one of the best - and busiest - times to visit Edinburgh but it is a small and beautiful city, with mountains and seaside. Best place in Britain IMO :)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

If you want somewhere quiet and beautiful / romantic Italian cities should be less busy in August as Italians head to coast / on holiday, as long as you don't mind the heat (Mediterranean can get 40 degrees - this does not happen in Scotland). No idea about connections to Maldives but popular destination for Italians so there must be flights.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

Popular nearby combos are Sri Lanka or Kerala (only 1 hour by plane). Not been to either but keep meaning to ...

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

nothing too "rustic" but think maybe another week simply on the beach would be too repetitive. . .

San Francisco
Level Contributor
304 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

Turkish airlines flies to Male, so you can spend one week in istanbul. Then you would be in both Europe and Asia:). Or you can spend a week in Dubai flying with emirates

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

Lots of people would go to Sri Lanka for some reasonably cheap culture and sightseeing then fly a short hop to the maldives to chillax. That's pretty simple to arrange

New York City, New...
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: i want to add 2nd leg to my Maldives honeymoon

i think istanbul would be too much of a city vacation, which we were trying to avoid. is dubai worthy of a week?