We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
135 reviews
Save Topic
Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Hi All,

Looking at booking this trip for late Sept 14 into Oct 14 for a 30th Bday trip - have a quote for Bangkok BB & Maldives AI for 5k as a package holiday.

First is this a good trip, then is the price good for what's on offer? Also my main question is weather at this time of year...

Help & Advice would be great as looking to book :)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Depends what maldives resort u are going to and what the board basis is

Have been the first week in october the last 3 years and its been almost wall to wall sunshine but that's no guarantee for next year

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
8,282 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Hi

As Paul said,,

For the forum to comment on the Maldives leg of your trip you need to tell which island you have been offered,there are well over 100 islands to choose from ;-) I have also been in October and eco Pauls comments

Edited: 28 November 2013, 10:23
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Hi thanks for the comments

Travelbag had advised price on All Inclusive basis at Kuredu Island Resort staying in a Beach Villa, including sea plane transfers.

Kenwood have advised 10 nights at Coco Palm Dhuni Kolhu in a Beach Villa All-Inclusive or 10 nights at Kuredu Island resort in a 'O' Beach Villa All-Inclusive

Kuoni have advised - 10 nights in the Maldives I have included your stay at Kuramathi Island Resort AI.

Just not sure whats for the best....

Thanks again :)

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,124 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

Ihave visited kuramathi, highly recommend it and would not visit the other two if you book with kuoni agents such as travel designers , travel councellors and others, you will save hundreds of pounds over kuoni main prices for the exact same holiday.

Madrid, Spain
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
4,067 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

It's also important to consider the difference between the type of Villa in each island...

What do you want? A nice reef for snorkelling? Then Kuramathi... A nice beach? Then kuredu... Is the AI in Kuramathi select AI? As the normal one won't let you go to all the restaurants...

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

I was going to check on the AI basis on the one on offer for Kuramathi as I had read that also...

Would like a good standard overall island, great for pictures but would love a good reef :)

My final holiday company have just come back to me this is Virgin again just over 5k for the same holiday but they have placed us at Bandos Island Resort AI 10 nights

I am not going to look at any others now but have to make up my mind on what to book but any help and tips :)

7. Re: Multi Centre & Weather Sept/Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2014, 05:17