We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FAO Activegirl

Nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
FAO Activegirl

Have a great time on Vilu Reef .. looking forward to you review .. we nearly went but chose Veligandu instead so will be very interested to see what you think ..

Simon

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
139 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FAO Activegirl

yeah, active have a nice and safe trip

Cotswolds, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives, North Male Atoll, Southern Ari Atoll, Lhaviyani Atoll
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: FAO Activegirl

Thanks, I'll certainly let you know how I get on .... assuming I canoe back in 1 piece from hopping over to Velavaru!

Just 5 days to go.

Simon, have a good week next week; hope it all goes well.

...........active

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: FAO Activegirl

Hi active have a great holiday will be thinking of you (green with envy) fingers crossed for the weather, lets hope there are no pink clouds LOL (dolphin base webcam today)

susie

Channel Islands
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: FAO Activegirl

Hi Active

Hope you have a great time, Vilu is on my wish list so will be waiting with baited breath for the review.

Thanks for all of your help recently!

Tadike

Manchester, Uk.
Level Contributor
747 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: FAO Activegirl

Yes, have a great time fellow payroller (will email you separately to get the lowdown on that!).

Looking forward to your review.

Lisa.

Beverley, East Yorks
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: FAO Activegirl

Dear Scoobyboy

Sorry to be another pain but have just discovered this site and have just booked for Veligandu March 7th in a deluxe water villa. Wondered if you could be so kind as to forward us your map so we can have a look at layout.

Whilst writing can you explain the dining arrangement. It appears you share table for the duration unless you pay extra for a seperate area. Is this worth it? Someone else said that if you did it was a bit hot with no fans etc. If you share does this mean there are set times to eat? Someone else said if you order a "special meal" you get a special place - does this relate to the same as above?

Many thanks

lancashire
Level Contributor
756 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: FAO Activegirl

Hey Pipal

We are in velgandu in march [11th] delux water villa ,,,

Nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: FAO Activegirl

Hi Pipal

Firstly I need an e-mail address to send the map to please ..

Regarding the dining room .. we had our own table and did not have to share at all .. there were groups of people on big tables but I saw lots of tables with only 2 people on them .. the secret is to ask for a table on your own .. we also like to be near the edge of the restaurant if we can .. it tends to be a bit cooler than being stuck in the middle ..

There is a seperate small dining room which has about 10-12 tables in it which if you want to pay for per week you can use ( sorry , can't remember how much ) .. personally we did'nt bother .. there were fans but it is hot .. adds to the desert island experience i think .. no air con ... there were no special meals I saw .. everybody had the same food ..

My review is on this link :

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298323-d316…

Simon